Amaya for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya for Sale

Amaya purchased 7/2003. Design Shop Pro Plus software. Dakota 2006 collection & Balboa Blue Book designs. In great working order. Lots of thread, backing, etc. Make offer. Getting out of business to spend more time with ailing parents.

Located in Eastern NC. Would prefer someone that could pick up. Have read that sometimes there are machine issues with improper shipping. Don't want to damage machine.

(252) 827-5480
    Lou Frazier<br />In House Specialties, Inc.

Is this an Amaya XT?

Comment

No, it is not an XT. I don't think they were being made in 2003.

Comment

price? 2003 is a faily old amaya...
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Wow, I paid close to $24,000 for my Amaya, software & design packages 4 years ago and now it's considered old and not worth much? Do all embroidery machines depreciate that much or is it just the Amaya? I'd rather keep it than give it away.

Comment

Perhaps the Amaya doesn't keep its resale value as well as some machines but the bottom line is that all embroidery machines depreciate.

It may be better if your tried to sell your machine, DesignShop software and design collection separate as opposed to selling as a package. Some may be interested in the machine only and others may be interested just in the design collection and/or DesignShop software.

Maybe someone in this group can tell you what the wholesale book price of the machine is. It will be very low but at least you will then have an idea what the bottom price is and you can try to work up from there.

Check with your nearest Melco rep to see if they can suggest someone that may be looking for a used machine [although they have used machines of their own to sell]. You could also advertise locally in papers or places like craigslist.com

Have you tried emmbroideryyellowpages.com ?

Good luck

Bob

Comment

You must also remember when you purchased your first machine for $25,000 you also received software both for the machine and digitizing 9 I assume at 25g's you got the top[ software). Now that you have the software you can add a machine for much less. I first purchased 3 AMAYA's but already had design shop so I paid $30,000 for 3 machines and then again this last Sept I bought 3 XT's and they were just under 30,000 before myrade in so that initial purchase was more than just the machine but everything you need to run it. Will you get 25k back out of it, no but you should have recovered some cost by using it and selling the products and you always have to figure in depreciation. I almost sold my 3 reds last year for $18k but at the last minute I decided against that and am glad I kept them although having a 6 head hat machine would be nice but for the sales increase I have so far this year it barely pays for my increase in emplyoee cost so another machine payment is not attractive at the moment.
              Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Thanks for all of the good information regarding used machines and their value. I think I've decided to keep my used Amaya and move it to my house when I sell everything else out of the shop. Who knows, I might find some sort of niche.

Comment

An easy way to tell how much Amaya's are worth is to go to Melco's website and look under used machines. Or call your salesperson and ask how much they will give you for yours on a trade-in. One last option is to call your tech, many techs know which customers are looking to buy and sell machines and they may be able to help you sell it. It would be best to sell DesignShop and Dakota CD's seperately

Comment

Steve is right. As a tech, my customers are always sure to call me when they are ready to sell. I've got 4 Amaya XT's for sale right now and 2 sets of AOS and DSPro.
                    Anybody looking to add on another machine before the Christmas rush???
                    I'm also expecting 4 more Amaya XT's to come my way in the very near future.
                    Call me direct and maybe you'll get a deal.

Ed Orantes
                    504-258-6260
                    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed,

You're not instilling me with a great deal of confidence!! Why so many XT's on the market? I've been extremely pleased with my unit. Are most of these through decisions to leave the embroidery business or changing equipment?
                      Robert Brooks<br />Buy The Stitch<br />Custom Embroidery & Graphics

Comment

Robert,
                        Consider this..
                        In the past 6 years, Melco has sold close to 10 Thousand Amayas. In my territory alone, South East U.S., I've got several hundred customers. Many of whom have multiple machines.
                        Remember that they say that 80% of new businesses fail in the their first year for a multitude of reasons.
                        The 4 machines I have that are for sale are from a lady who changed her mind after a year of ownership and is now ready to get out and be a full time grandma.
                        I am being contracted by a leasing company to do a repossession of 7 machines from a customer who just wasn't pay thier bills. 4 of which are Amaya XT's.
                        Both scenarios have nothing to do with Melco or the Amaya machines.
                        I've done repo's in the past as well. The last one being two 12 head SWF machines. Now that was a job. Tow trucks, Forklifts, several strong men,... Not every shop that runs into troubles is a small one.
                        Ed
                        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Robert...I've been watching the posts for several years, even though of getting rid of our 'big red' the first year. I'd boil down the reasons as I've seen...in order of what I think is biggest reason down.
                          1) selling because it was misrepresented- NOT a 'plug and play' for the novice-without some sort of training you get super discouraged, can't do a job for profit-and decide to bail out
                          2) just one machine-can't make a profit (retail, with good traffic, maybe) but wholesale (business orders, etc.) it's almost impossible.
                          One head can only do one item at a time-and time is money
                          3) overhead-thinking you can make fast money, 40 hours a week instantly. Then finding out that a $500 monthly lease payment, plus expenses, plus 'paycheck' means you need to sell at least $2000 minimum PER WEEK to buy groceries and it doesn't happen
                          4) personal/family problems, medical, financial, kids, whatever...
                          you can't keep up the payments and/or run the business
                          5) business failure-maybe the amaya is just part of a full business and it all fails.
                          I've seen competitors in my area come and go on a yearly basis-engravers, embroideres, screenprinters, signshops...and they are all gone. I do ALL of that plus have a retail boutique-so I've weathered the ups and downs. Without them-the Amaya has never once paid it's own monthly costs-just can't do enough with it to cover all the bills. But if fits 'in' with everything else so I don't mind it anymore. It DOES do a good job, CAN do a great job, but unless you have a high traffic retail business, you need multi heads to crank out the volume.

Comment

I have seen a lot of embroidery businesses come and go in the 16 years I have been doing embroidery. One main reason is people go spend $20k on a machine and software, new computer and monitor, quit their job, spend several thousand more on retail shop, inventory, and fixtures. Before they know it, they are up to $50k. Hire a salesperson, and have bills coming in. They are way over their head so they charge $40 for a polo to make up for it and wonder why they can't sell anything so they have to close shop.

My parents started off in their house part-time and so do I. I bought my machine used (I knew what machine and software to buy due to my previous experience.) At least I have full-time job with benefits so if the business fails, I have something to fall back on plus I'm not out much money since the machine was used. If I loose my full-time job, I have the business for some income. So far I have no plans to get rid of the embroidery business as things are going well for me. I have been saving for a second used machine (hopefully get it summer next year) so I'm not working 90 hours a week during the holidays.

I guess my point is, don't quit your full-time job until you are ready to tackle embroidery full-time. Some people have been successful by going full-time right away but many fail.

Comment

Ed, Roland & Steve,

Thank you for the feedback. This is exactly what I expected to hear in reply to my post, but it never hurts to actually hear it.

I too am growing our business from our basement. My number one reason for this is that (as Ed stated) 80% of new businesses fail, and I feel it is due to taking on too much overhead. I have no plans to quit my day job either, as I tend to like that security.

Thanks again for the feedback.
                              Robert Brooks<br />Buy The Stitch<br />Custom Embroidery & Graphics

Comment

Working...
                              X