Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melco Closes Melco Mart - Partners With Madeira

For anyone interested . . . I just received this from Melco Mart:

I am sad to announce that Melco-Mart has been sold to Madeira. We will no longer be selling embroidery supplies, such as ARC Thread, backing, needles. The website, www.melcomart.com is now Madera, when you need future supplies, please go to the website, which will direct you to "MaderiaMart"

With that said, Melco has formed a partnership with Madeira, and they will be more than happy to be your primary supplier for your embroidery supplies. Melco will also be sending Madeira supplies with every AMAYA Embroidery Machine Purchase..

For current and future Amaya customers, Melco will continue to manufacture, sell and give 100% support. In fact I will be customer support for Amaya machine parts, hoops and warranty.

[ June 24, 2009, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: levelbest ]

Wow! I had not ordered materials since late last year before we moved to Wichita from Golden, CO and got quite a surprise when I went online today. There was no more Melcomart only a Madiera website. The website will not even allow you to place an order and when I asked the phone rep would could hardly speak English I was told that feature would not be available for several weeks. Based on the online catalogue Madeira does not carry all of the same materials either but a recommended replacement and Madeira part number.

Mike
    Ginny's Place, LLC

Comment

Just to let you know - amann / ackerman ( http://www.amannusa.com/ ) will be more than happy to help you convert your arc threads over to ackerman. Had just requested that info a week ago (not knowing) and they sent it to me lickity split. Everytime I have called there, they have been super helpful. I'm not a big fan of Madiera thread on our machines.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I love the fact that they "Melco" when I was having my trouble with my trimmers, Infromed me my problem was the "CHEAP QUALITY" thread I used which was maderia. Just interesting to see how they explain how the thread has been so greatly improved.
        I know how it is that they paid melco off I have noticed this company is loyal to the money only. I wish I knew all of this prior to getting involved.

One other thing Maderia brand needles are very pricy and very poor. JFYI I was a maderia retailer for years and I no longer carry the line.due to quality.

I hope I will still be able to bet the oil from melco as maderias is not as good it builds up.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

This really sucks. I use ARC thread, exclusively. Since I embroider a lot of dog designs, I've spent untold hours getting just the right shade to match fur. In fact, I bought all colors of ARC in order to do just that. Now I'll have to do that all over again with some other manufacturer. It won't be Madeira!

Terri
          Embroidery Creations

Comment

John - thanks. I'll be checking out aman/ackerman.

Terri

Comment

I have been using Ackermann since 1993 when MelcoMart (back then they were called Accessory Resource Corp) carried their threads. MelcoMart never listened to their customers so it was probably best they sold the company. Many Melco users have been asking for another warehouse or two for many years and they never did it therefor people went to other suppliers for supplies. I used MelcoMart for a couple hoops a couple years ago but I never ordered supplies in the past 10 years since shipping from Denver took so long.

Comment

Hummmmm.....that all came right out of the blue......did not expect to hear that one...

Things are changing all the time tho...

As far as Madeira thread...in my travels, I have seen several places using the Madeira Poly Neon threads and they seemed to perform ok...the key is that unless you really pay attention to your machine settings and digitizing, the rayons will all give you fits.....

Having said that, I would not hesitate to gravitate to Isocord thread by Ackermann. It has long been a favorite of ours even tho we also use (or used, in this case ) the Arc threads a lot too...

RA seems to be a good choice for a lot of folks too....

Personally, I will stay away from off breed brands as we have tried some samples and have not liked them in the past.

My 2 cents....

Rod Springer
                Amaya Tech & Trainer
                Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have always liked the Isocord thread and I have ordered from Ackermann and they were very good...I have never really liked the ARC thread but I use it since it came with my machine but when I have to order thread I do not order the ARC thread...my question is...Was Melco sold too or just the supply part of the company...I only ordered from Melco Mart once...I found other suppliers to have a better price and better service too...I have the shade card from Ackermann for the Isacord and I have the shade card for the ARC thread...sometimes I have to just put the threads over the sample card to try and come up with the correct numbers of the threads...it's a guessing game for me sometimes...
                  have a great day...

Jenny
                  Westbrook Wonders
                  Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

Just the Melco-Mart portion...

Rod
                    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

If you all remember, Melco Mart used to handle Isacord thread thne switched to ARC. Maybe that was when they were called Accessory Resouce corp. Wonder who will handle hoops for the machines and other parts, alaphabets, etc.

Barbara

In San Antonio

Comment

Brooks Industries, who Fred LeBow does research for is great for backings. They are American made and the new ones they have developed have worked well for us. 323-307-0990 is their phone.
                        www.brooksbvackings.com.
                        We also use S.M. Crystall for a variety of products. They have been an American company since 1893. They sell several items that are American manufactured. This could be a good reason to look around and support American-made products.
                        Margaret
                        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

We never recieved the email...haven't heard from Melco or Melcomart in about,oh, 3 years or more-so this is news! I wonder if Melco is running into financial problems-to explain the big XT 'tradeup'...with shipping almost next day after an order, sounds like they have a warehouse full of them!
                          As for Madeira...we have been using them for several years since the US headquarters is less than 2 hours away-and not had any problems with the poly thread, backings, etc. And there is a way to get an english speaking salesperson-ask to get an account rep (or whatever they call them) that is your 'assigned' salesperson. We have no problems at all and can call in an order, and pick it up the next day or they ship it the same or next day!
                          I'm not putting down other suppliers-just never had to deal with any others!

Comment

I wonder what will happen to the links to Melcomart for thread orders and the default thread color table in Design Shop? would have been nice for Melco to let their customers know. Probably asking too much. I have had the impression for some time that Melco is having financial problems. Hope they don't go belly up and leave all of us holding the bag with our machines and no support. Just my 5 cents worth.

Barbara

In San Antonio

Comment

Here is my take on this (and I have absolutely no inside info - I was just as suprised as you all).

Business all across the globe are closing unprofitable divisions or pairing down. Melco I am sure took a look at the Mart and decided - we havn't been profitable enough on this (nor has the website ever been done well) and that there are plenty of competitors out there who do it better.

Partnering in this case means - Madeira supplies Melco with goods for new machines and Melco pushes their existing customer base to Madeira. Madeira gets new customers, Melco pairs down and focuses on what makes them the most money and probably makes some bucks on the deal.

I don't see anything odd about this at all nor does it necessarily mean Melco is in a tough spot. It's just solid business in a lousy economy.

That being said, I for one will miss ARC thread. We've been more than happy with it over the years and it will be a bit of a pain switching over - but that's life.

Regards the links in Design Shop - since the program can now be upgreaded on demand, I am sure that will be updated, while if they are smart, other links in older versions of the program will be redirected.
                              John Yaglenski
                              Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                              Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                              Hilton Head Island, SC
                              http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X