Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Shop V7 Freezing/crashing - Help

Hello all,

I am relatively new to Melco and using the AMAYA XT, OS and design shop v7. I have been learning and am getting successfully embroidered products completed, and have even been successfully digitizing moderately complex designs and editing more complex designs.

Anyway, today I ran into a problem with Design Shop v7 while trying to create a new design. I opened an image and went to set the hoop through the hoop manager. However, the DS froze. The "command prompts", those in the top bar above the tool bars, all grayed out, and I could not edit the design. Nor could I close it, or do any other editing. I also couldn't click on any of the commands in the tool bars, or even close the program by clicking the "X".

I opened other designs that I have successfully embroidered, and could delete parts and insert other embroidery images, but if I tried to go into the properties, it did the same thing.

I then tried to create a completely new design, and clicked on the lettering clicked on the screen and hit enter. The font/text box came up, but then it froze again, and I could not type any letters or get into the properties.

I rebooted the computer several times, and closed all other program. I've tried this with OS running and not running and the XT on and off.

When I press cntrl + alt + del, it says the program is running (not crashed), but I have to end the program through this screen.

The only thing that I did since a successful run last night was touch up a logo where it needed some digitizing tweaks, and I downloaded a number of zipped embroidery files from the action art club (I have used these successfully before) and unzipped a number of these files and organized them into folders. Other than this, no other changes have been done since using the DS successfully.

Any light you can shed on this, or help/direction in general, would gain my everlasting gratitude.

Thanks

Dozer

Dozer,
    Since you say that you are new, I will suggest these three things.
    When DS is first started, right click on the 3D icon in the toolbar and turn OFF the "hardware acceleration" feature. Just doing this has solved a great many of problem for customers.

If that doesn't get it, try reinstalling your software. It's possible that a file is corrupt and not cooperating. Do you have the lastest version of DS ver.7 ??? I believe it's 7.00.114.
    Also, you are using Windows XP, right???

After this, I'd try installing DS on another PC. Overall, this might be a pain in the pipe but sometimes you might find the problem stems from the pc. Consider a laptop.

Good luck,
    Ed Orantes
    Melco Tech & Trainer
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed, thanks for response.

I turned the accelerator off, but that didn't work. I still get the grayed out commands, and frozen DS. Ir also does this if I right click on any of the stiches command buttons.

A couple of questions

Q1) if I reinstall the software on the same computer, do I need to uninstall the one that is there, or can I just install "pver" the currently installed version?

I am running DS 7.00.112. The computer it is installed on is running XP, but the other computers we have are Vista.

Q2) Will there be a problem if I install this on a Vista computer?

I remembered today that the last thing I was doing in DS before experiencing this problem was clicking on individual line points and changing the X and Y axis so that they were exactly mirrored on each side of the design. I remember that the last few that I clicked on would not allow the X Y window to pop-up. Could I have made some system changes accidently that is leading to this?

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Dozer

Comment

Dozer,
        I would do both. First, install the software over the original version and see if the files that might be causing your troubles are "over-written".

If that doesn't get it, then UNINSTALL Design Shop and reinstall it from scratch.

As for the version you possess, I believe 7.00.112 was the first version released that was Vista compatible. I just personally found that XP presented fewer computer issues to deal with.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "changing the X and Y axis"... Did you mean you were changing the stitch coordinates? I would have to learn more about what you were specifically trying to achieve to tell you how I would have gone about it.

Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
        X