No announcement yet.

Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep v.7 patched to the last version would run on Vista 64 - many users didn't have that.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Keep in mind Windows XP Mode is only available on Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate versions. It is not available on the Home version which comes with many computers now. You will need a 'business' computer to find Professional and Ultimate.

Comment

we have ultimate, thankfully...now...if we could just find Tommy!! lol
        Jo Leavitt<br />Awards Worth Winning LLC

Comment

Level best is probably right. I have Version 9. I was having problems with it running slow until I set it at xp compatibility and as administrator.
          Sorry if there was a mixup.
          Tommy
          Tommy

Comment

Just to clarify, DS Ver.9 and Amaya OS Ver 9, can run on Windows 7 64 bit but you have to have the Ultimate or Professional version. We purchased a laptop from Staples and I think it only has the Home 64bit version, I was told all new computers now come with the 64 bit version on them.

Thanks
            Linda
            R&J Screenprinting & Embroidery, Inc.
            West Branch, MI

Comment

The following is from Mike Doe at Melco from mymelcoworld.com:

I wanted to let you know that the latest update to DesignShop and AOS v9 (9.00.099) is available via the update tool within each program.
              Several notes to remember:

• This latest version (9.00.099) in both DesignShop and AOS can run on Windows 7 (both 64bit and 32bit). On the AOS side the user needs to follow the instructions in the release notes (they are attached to this blog post and also are on the 10.13.09 DVD) to install correctly.

• If you are updating a pc and they do not have the new DVD (release 10.13.09/version 9.00.099) you will need to request this DVD from Melco before doing the change over to the Windows 7 system.

• The pc running DesignShop and/or AOS v9 must have internet access to obtain the online update functionality. Note: AOS requires that then network card that communicates with the AMAYA’s cannot be used to also connect to a other network/internet.

• If there is no internet access on the pc running DesignShop and/or AOS v9 you can download the update file on a that has internet access available. You can then put it on a flash drive or other storage device and install on the DesignShop and or AOS v9 pc.

o Here is the link for DesignShop v9 0.00.099 http://melcoftp.com/prod_updates/Des...p/DS900099.exe

o Here is the link for AOS v9 9.00.099 http://melcoftp.com/prod_updates/AMAYA/AOS900099.exe

================

Then, I spoke with my sales rep and he seemed quite certain that the latest version of DesignShop and AOS should work with any version of Windows 7... Home or Business, 32 or 64 bit.

Expect new CD tomorrow. Buying new computers tonight. Always a joy to upgrade!

[ January 28, 2010, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: levelbest ]
              David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

v.7 patched to the last version would run on Vista 64 - many users didn't have that
                Yes, I have DP pro+ v.7 patched on a Vista64 Pro machine and it does work but not without hiccups.

I have been using it in Windows compatible mode for a couple years, and have regressed to Win98 after tinkering with WinxXP, Win200 etc compatible. Win64 then lauches the program with basic visual graphics.

Either way, it freezes, goes to black screen or dies with more or less frequency. Because of which, I don't use 3D much and am careful with converting graphics to stitches, automatic digitising, wire-frame editting of sequins etc.
                Still just clicking to open a file in the explorer window can cause it to die.

When that happens to get the program working again, I go delete temp files in the Programs files for Melco Design Shop and sometimes rename a certain *.cff file. If I don't it launches, and dies again when you go open a file et ad nauseuam. You can also sometimes jiggle it back to life by right-clicking the file you want to open and clicking open with Design Shop instead of launching the program directly.

A real pain.

I say all this in case anybody is having issues and is looking for tips.

I would upgrade to Win7 if I thought DS 7 worked on that OS.
                Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

Just a correction on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The Amaya OS v9 on the CD that I got from Melco DOES run in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit so you don't have to upgrade your new computer or laptop to Windows 7 64-Bit Professional or Ultimate. Make sure you run Amaya OS in Vista compatibility mode and as administrator.

However, Amaya OS v9 does not support wireless network connections for Windows 7, so I have to connect my laptop to my Network Access Point switch with a wired connection. On my previous laptop that I was using with Windows XP, it was wireless. I asked wireless connections for Windows 7 be put on the wish list for future releases, but it is probably low on the priority list.

Cheers,
                  Ed "Kanga" Roux

Comment

Tommy, do your graphic thumbnails still show?
                    with win7 v9 64bit?

Comment

Working...
                    X