Black Cap Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Cap Clips

Does anyone have a source for the black cap clips? Melco has them but they are $10 EACH! You know the one's I'm talking about...The black clips to hold the back of the cap down.

Thanks,
    Everett
    Everett & Michelle

If you mean the black 'wedge' clips that you find on papers and stuff...go right to Staples and buy a TUB full of them for less than $10.00
    That's what we use for extra grip on the speedframe, holding backing in place on some things, and yup, paper sometimes!

Comment

OH, the difference might be the 'hat clips' have the 'wings' (levers) bent down to stay out of the way on the hoop...easy enough to do with a pair of pliers. Staples carries them in several sizes-just bring one with you to get the right size, but grab a couple of the bigger ones-always handy for that extra 'grab' on a large hoop or to hold something out of the way, like hoodie strings, tote bag straps, whatever you forgot to move out of the way and sewed right through...duh, yeah, we've all done it.

Comment

Wow fast response signman! I thought about using "regular" black clips from Office Depot but I was concerned that since the handles aren't angled back like the one's that came with the cap frame that it may catch something and ruin the cap.

I wonder if I can buy the Office Depot ones and just switch out the handles. Has anyone tried that? It would be worth a try since I can get them at the store for only about .10 cents each compared to $10 each at Melco...Thoughts?
        Everett & Michelle

Comment

I can't believe that I didn't think about just using pliers to bending the store bought ones back!...I just tried it and it works perfectly! Problem solved in twenty minutes. You got to love this forum. Thanks signman! You just saved me about $50 bucks!
          Everett & Michelle

Comment

that's how I make the big bucks! LOL...
            I'll send you a bill for my technique by carrier pigeon...

Comment

The paper clamps you folks are talking about are Ideal Clamps/Clips. You dont have to bend the wires if you don't want to.
              If you squeeze the wire together they lift right out of the clamp, and go back in just as easy.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Good to know. I just tried that too and they come out very easily. I can't believe that i almost paid ten dollars each for these! A big "Thank You" to Signman and Jerome!
                Everett & Michelle

Comment

If you don't bend the wires down, you will find out quickly why Melco DOES bend them down!
                  Keeps that loop of steel out of the way of the needlebar-only takes the tiniest 'grab' and that clamp pops right off and you have your hat or whatever sliding around. Then you've ruined the item or have to spend time picking out all the stitches to start over.
                  On hat hoops especially you don't want anything sticking up in the way!

Comment

Signman
                    Did you even read my post.
                    It refered to the fact you can easily remove the Wire completly I really think that would lead to them being OUT OF THE WAY.

Unless of course one was to store then on the grabber bar....lol
                    [email protected]
                    Jerome in Minnesota
                    (320)259-1151

Comment

Without the wires you can't open the clips to install them...having to put on or remove the wires each time would really add to the time needed for hooping-speed = $$ profit for less time spent.

Comment

I do hundreds of hats a month and most of the time I don't even use the clips. The only time I use the clips are when the cap is unstructured or I am sewing on the side of the cap. So if you are looking to save time, don't use the clips when you don't need them.

Steve I.
                        Trinity Embroidery
                        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Great info! Thanks for all the help!
                          Everett & Michelle

Comment

Working...
                          X