No announcement yet.

Thread breaks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread nets really help when running the metallic thread. Everything I have read says this and I have found that it helps alot. I have not used them on the standard threads.

Pam
    Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

Comment

its funny that you named your AMAYA this week...
      I did too, Audry Rose because she was doing some really WEIRD things last week!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I might have to try the thread nets... I have some shorter spools and they do sometimes casue me a bit of trouble.

laurie

Comment

I volunteer at the Montgomery Zoo and when we bought our Amaya XT in Dec. 2006 I named her after our female Jaguar Maya...go figure...LOL...Maya was there when I started working for the Zoo in March 1996 but we lost her over a year ago...we just got a new female for our male Butch...I loved Maya and I love my Maya
        ...until next time...

Jenny
        Westbrook Wonders
        Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

Hi. My name is Tracey. I recently purchased a used Amaya from my in laws. I am having trouble with having thread breaks, Small Lettering, and the bobbin thread showing through the top of the design. The thread breaks happen probably every other design. I have checked the tension, checked to make sure the thread is ran correctly, not really sure when the last time it was oiled. The thread just frays and breaks. Small letters I am having big trouble with, they are not clean. When the are too thick or something looking, can not tell what the letters are supposed to be. The top thread looks to be too loose. Also, On small letters and sometimes regular sized letters the Bobbin thread shows through to the top a lot. You can't even see the top thread in some parts, there is so much bobbin coming through. HELP HELP HELP I have some very important clients waiting on their shirts, and can not get them to turn out right.

Tracey

Comment

Tracey, I've been there before, and still have days like that sometimes!! Here are a few things that have worked for me in the past, and these are what I usually start with when I have a problem:

In your software, make sure your column width is not too high - it will "clog" up small letters if it's set too thick.

Check your density - if you are using Design Shop software, there will be a code sheet link in your lettering properties that usually suggests a density setting for the style of lettering you are using. That should address the bobbin thread showing (at least it has fixed it for me in the past)

Try a different Actifeed setting

Change your needle, sometimes they get a little burr in them

check your clearance between the needle and the needle basket - your manual should walk you through it, look under "Hook Timing" because part of setting the hook timing consists of checking the needle clearance.

Make sure your presser foot is set correctly

Swear a little. . . or a lot ;p

Good luck, hope this helps!

Judy
            <a href=\"http://www.jarvismotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.jarvismotorsports.com</a>

Comment

I use thread nets on 60 weight thread only. The 60 weight seems to accumulate around the bottom of the spool when not in use. They are great for that purpose but I don't recommend them for 40 weight because I think they cause thread breaks once in a while.

Also if you have a coated (black) rotary hook it may be worn out. When you get loud and frequent thread breaks you may need to replace your hook assembly with the newer version. Stay away from the coated version because the coating wears off over time.
              Chris & Cindy

Comment

Working...
              X