This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS v9, actifeed, older Amaya not working

Is there a problem with the actifeed not working on the older Amayas with OS version 9? I thought I had read something on this forum about that, but tech support hasn't heard of the problem.
    Regardless, I have to set actifeed to standard on my 2004 machine now when running with version 9. Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a known solution?
    Thanks,
    Mary
    Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Can you switch to v 7 and does it still work there... In other words, did it work previously?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Yes it does.

Comment

huh. That is odd and you have tried reinstalling?
        John Yaglenski
        Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

I just took the big update for v9 (from .074 to .088), which was essentially a new installation. I did that yesterday. I hoped it would fix it, but it didn't.

Comment

It is nice to know that the update is out. I thought that our machines were supposed to download automatically. How did you find out it was ready. Or have I missed something?

Juli in kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Dear List,
              We had this issue from the beginning. I observed that the actifeed screen wasn't moving as it had in V7. I talked with Melco, an engineer and was told the following: In OS go to settings, thread feed and make adjustments to material thickness and thread feed. I am still confused as to what the numbers should be and have experimented a great deal with the whole concept. I wanted to make a chart that would relate to fabric thicknesses but can't get a handled on what I need to set things at. If you change those numbers then actifeed will work but often but actifeed will change to what it senses. I am still looking for resources to understand this feature. I know this isn't making a lot of sense and maybe Ed or someone else can add to info. Margaret
              Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I was having trouble with the OS. (Hard to describe.) So I checked for updates and found it. Weird thing about the update... it installed into a new folder: ....Melco/Amaya v9 instead of ...Melco/Amaya. But didn't update the shortcut pointer properties. If that happens to you, just reset the properties of the shortcut.

Comment

Hi Wishes in Stitches,
                  I thought I had read that someone else had trouble with the actifeed on the older Amayas. It must have been you.
                  I don't like that "solution" they gave you at all. "Auto" actifeed doesn't work unless you set the lower limit to the correct one for the material thickness. Then it doesn't change the whole time it sews, suggesting that the setting is the same as "standard" feed.
                  I guess I'll have to call tech support again. Maybe they can start working on a solution. The older Amayas aren't THAT old. I hope Melco isn't trying to abandon their support already.

Comment

All,

Try this with the older Amaya's..... go into Settings, Threadfeed and set the Auto Lower Limit to 4 and see what happens.

This has worked on for some folks...let us know.

Rod Springer
                    Amaya Tech & Trainer
                    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,
                      This does not work for me. Actifeed drops to 4 and stays there. In version 7, the same design is 6 - 9.

Comment

Ok....lets try a couple of other things....set your lower limit to 4, take the thread break sensor(the silver tube that run across the front of the needlecase) and gently turn it back and forth a few times. Now tighten your bobbin just a bit and see what happens.

If this does not get some activity going on the screen, play with the lower limit setting...go up a bit on it...

I have not talked with Melco on this issue but I know the issue is for real....my old Amaya does the same thing works great on V7 but does not seem sensitive enough to work with V9 or lets say I have not been able at this point to get it to respond as well on 9 as it does on 7...

Rod Springer
                        Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Thanks! I'll try the bobbin tension in the morning. Sounds like a good idea. I've already tried the rest of your suggestions without improvement.
                          I'd love it if Melco would at least be aware of this problem. Maybe then we'll get to an answer eventually.

Comment

Rod - how common is this and does using the upgraded thread feed sensor kit from melco appear to solve the problem or is it hit or miss?
                            John Yaglenski
                            Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

John,

Based on my experienced with a limited number of machines so far, I suspect that the problem will come up here and there.

How common is it...too soon to say but what seems to be obvious is that it is something software related. If Auto Activ-feed works perfectly on V7 as it does on mine and then switch over to V9 and it has issues, switch back to V7 and it works perfectly again.....welll...ya just gotta assume.....now having said that, assuming usually will get us in trouble.

The thread break sensor still may be the culprit and an upgraded system may just do the trick...not sure wwhat the difference is but they seem to be more sensitive. The older sensors may be damaged from improper oiling which could have soaked the PC board behind the needlecase cover, the crystals in the sensor may be damaged, the wires may have corrosion on the solder joints or on the cable plug ends from the PC boards involved....sometimes there just isn't a one shot answer to these things.....moral of the story...every case may be different in scope as to why and what is causing the issue.

Rod Springer
                              Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Working...
                              X