Vista 64 Bit & Network Cards - Ethernet Did Not Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike:
    John did you find out if it is Vista 64 on your computer? Does it have 4gigs of ram? If it does than it is Vista 64. Also you can Right click on Control Panel and then Properties and it will tell you.
    Heh. Yep. It was Vista 64 - but had 3gb of ram. Funny, as an IT Manager, you'd think I would have noticed that when I bought it but I didn't. My only clue on the install like I said was the two program files folders - but even then it didn't totally click.

Anyway, I installed Vista Business 32 bit version (normal) and all is well. The nic cards showed up immediately. Luckily I had a spare copy here. Otherwise, the computer would have had to have gone back. Would be nice if they gave you the option on boot or the restore disc to install the 32 bit version instead.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Here is the wierd part. I have @amayausers.com and @freelists.org on my "safe senders" list so nothing should be blocking it. It is not on my blocked senders list.
      I spent half an hour just trying to find the contact form so I'll let you when someone from India responds back with the incorrect answer.

Comment

I just ordered a new quad core computer and even though I wanted 4 Gigs, they advised against Business Vista 64 because so little of the software is written to run on it. Did I make a mistake?
        Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Originally posted by Shuffletown Embroidery:
          I just ordered a new quad core computer and even though I wanted 4 Gigs, they advised against Business Vista 64 because so little of the software is written to run on it. Did I make a mistake?
          No, you did correct (if you did not order the 64 bit windows) - Vista 64 bit is not supported by AOS. So, you will need to run standard Windows Vista. I am running Windows Vista Business Edition (not 64 bit) and things are working fine.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
          Hilton Head Island, SC
          http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
          X