No announcement yet.

thread tangling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gave up using the thread 'net' ON the machine-they are handy for going over the spools on our pegboard 'holding rack' but that's it. Every time we tried it on the Amaya the thread would pull it right off the spool and get caught in it.
    The plastic 'cone' idea sounds perfect! Anyone know of a source in the USA to get them?

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed that the thread will sometimes twist back on itself before it enters into the tube at the top? Sometimes it doesn't get straightened out before it gets past the thread feed rollers. This causes a knot on top of the embroiery and usually starts shredding the thread. I have heard that this twisting means the thread is manufactured with a backwards twist, but how can you tell that by looking at it?
      Mary
      Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Thanks for the tip Monipezi.
        I have this problem with Madeira tall cones. The threads sometime start winding around underneath the base because their cones don't sit right on the XT bases.
        I'm going to try this for sure.
        Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

What was the tip? My threads do the same...
          Blessings~cindy

Comment

Working...
          X