No announcement yet.

Clamping Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the 6.5 x 5 window, gives us plenty of room.
    We also have the 3 x 5.5 or whatever it is just for doing small logos and/or names on shirts and polos-works great.
    As for doing the school bags...if someone else is buying the bags, they have cut you out of any profit (which not only is profit but also covers bags you screw up)
    The clamp system is going to cost you probably $300 or so, depends on how many 'frame' sizes you get.
    It is up to you on how to handle the school-but the majority of us (here in the chat) just went over pricing suggestions a couple days ago, and the consensus is a MINIMUM charge anywhere from $5 to $10 PER ITEM for 'customer supplied goods', plus the amount of stitches. You HAVE to make $40 per hour or more to cover your investment in the Amaya (and supplies), overhead, electricity, the time you are spending...200 bags is going to take you at least 20 hours on one machine-that's if you can get 10 an hour on and off and sewn!
    So you are already out 3-4 days of real work time! If they think they are going to get you to sew the bags for $3 a bag or so...probably because someone else quoted a low figure but it was NOT with 'supplied' goods. What you don't make on the sewing you make on the markup of the bags. I'm curious as to how this person has a Sanmar account-do they do imprinting but not embroidery? Sanmar isn't supposed to sell 'direct'-only to established companies. Maybe she 'thinks' she is getting wholesale but isn't. It's worth checking out.
    Having to add a different name for each tote is going to take you extra time to set it up...no matter what. That costs $$!!!

Comment

What else would I need if I have the slim line 6.5 x 5 window and the adapter bracket? Is this not the "clamping" system? I know I have seen the slim line window in my hoop assortment, but I have no clue what this adapter bracket looks like. Sorry, like I said it came with no paperwork/instructions. I don't know how much she is paying for the bags, but I did tell her that is where we make our profit so I will have to make-up for that in the embroidery alone to justify the time I will spend on this job. I had thought $15 per bag for up to 19K stitches in logo, Plus 25.00 set-up & the cost to have the logo digitized. I put if they went with name only it would be $10 and if they went with logo only it would be $10 and both for $15. I have'nt sent anything yet so tell me if I am screwing myself. I have two XT's.
      thanks for taking the time to help

Comment

If you buy the slimline 'clamp' system through the manufacturer-you have to pay extra for the 'adaptor'. Buy it through Melco and it is part of the package. The 'adaptor' is merely the hold-down unit to screw down onto the Amaya Carriage. The hoop specs are in Designshop already, you may have to 'add hoops' to get them in your pulldown window. Do NOT believe the 'gray line' for sewing area-deduct another 1/4" from that. Otherwise if your tote or whatever is heavy, it can pull the frame down and run into the bobbin nose-and screw your sewout. Allow that extra 1/4" and you won't have a problem. Your price isn't far off, but consider for 200 at once, if it is all a repeat job (not individual names) you may want to knock off 10-15% (if they pay promptly and you don't have to chase them).
        With 2 machines you should be able to put these out pretty quick with the clamp frames. Honestly, for an order this big-I bet we could have found a tote bag supplier that would make the bag and embroider it complete for less than buying it from Sanmar (Leed's, AAM, etc.- I have several suppliers that do that.)
        Wholesale embroidery through the bag supplier is around 25-50ยข per thousand, saves you a ton of time!
        If she isn't set up as a full dealer, she may be paying freight-that's another $50 or more for that many bags...so her big 'savings' isn't going to be much.
        At least it's a quality product-how many time do we embroiderers have people bring in Walmart crap to embroider so they can save a buck?

Comment

The slim line frame and adaptor that I mentioned did come from Melco, got it when I bought my machines. So is that all I need? and of course to figure it all out will be my fun later. It is individual students names, but I guess I can download a list into DS pro+ and just click down that list is what Juli from Kona has said, she is going to try it out and let me know how it goes. I think I will be getting it in seperate groups of 70 names at a time.
          So am I good to stick with the estimate I've prepared to give her?
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X