Thread Feeder Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Feeder Gears

I am having a problem with the Thread Feeder Gear, we replaced it because the retaining clip that holds the gear onto the rod, broke. Technical help called we have been back and forth for almost 2 weeks. (in the mean time machine is down) when moving from needle 1 to 2,3,4,5.. etc large click on position needle 1, as you move towards needle 16 the click lessens. Go back towards needle 1 and the click noise will start at about needle 4 and at needle 1 very large click. I was told to "not use needle 1" I might add an unacceptable response. If anyone can be of any assistance I would appreciate it. This is the 3rd time this machine has been down, which it is not even a year old, and because I work full-time outside the business it is only used on weekends. I have Amaya Bravo, OS v 10. Thanks to anyone out there who may help.
    Patte M Designs

Patte,

Assuming that you have checked to make absolutely sure that there is no thread buildup in any of the gears and that you have removed all of the pinch rollers and threadfeed gears and checked down in the pockets for debris and/or broken drive gears and that all of the pinch rollers and threadfeed drive gears have been properly lubricated......

There is a tool in AOS called "Feeder Home Adjust." You can find this in your Settings and Maintenance tabs. Go into you Operator and Tech manual helps and do a search for the feeder home adjust information. You can adjust the "Home" position of the stepper motor with your computer and mouse to help it line up with the threadfeed drive gears. It will allow you to move this position with plus or minus 7 forward or backward with a trial and error system.

But you have to eliminate any possibility of friction or drag in the gearing system, lubrication issues,broken gears, etc, first....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,
      I took out and cleaned and greased all the gears, I am 99.9 % sure all is clean, the gear attached to the gear assembly was not broke, just the retainer ring lost retention, and made gear slide back and forth (left to right). I will follow your instruction this evening and keep you posted. Does anyone know how much an extended warranty would run? I am concerned that there are very little hours on this machine and it has been down 3 times for different issues.
      Thank you for your help here!
      Patte M Designs

Comment

Patte,

The extended warranty pricing is something that you will have to check directly with Melco on but you can figure that it will be in the neighborhood of $100.00 per month or so...lot of varibles in play, age of machine, location, etc....

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Patte,

When you had the machine serviced the 3 other times, did the machine need to be re-timed during each service?

Tom

Comment

I dont think so. they have been minor things but just frustrating to have the machine down.
            Patte M Designs

Comment

PatteM; Can you tell us what state you are located in?

Comment

Good News, Service Tech down loaded new version of OS i guess it included some patches, booted machine up, did the stepper home, aligned needles, adjusted needle plate, and no clicking, Going to run machine this morning and see how she does. I will keep everyone posted, and appreciate the help.
                Ted I am in North Central WV, in the middle of no where close to anyone.. lol about 1/2 way between Clarksburg and Parkersburg WV.
                If I may add i have tuned into this blog for over a year now, and find it soooo beneficial and everyone is so willing to jump in and help out.
                Patte M Designs

Comment

Ok, so far so good, I finished backs of Fire Jackets, 3" Numbers, appears to be ok, but having thread breaks. I can live with that through the last 3 Jackets..
                  Patte M Designs

Comment

Working...
                  X