No announcement yet.

Amaya XT goes off the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some points that may be helpful to any of you regarding the PC and running internet/OS. If you have only one PC, this works (it's what I do). Reboot your PC without the internet access (I use a wireless USB adaptor and either plug it in if I need it, or leave it out). Then go into the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL)and click on the "Processes" tab. End the applications that are running that are not necessary (i.e. Ipod stuff, spyware stuff, etc.). Make sure you know what is what. By the way, nothing you end here will hurt your system because when you reboot, all will be autorun again anyway. Once you have only the necessary applications running, your OS will love you for it. When you need internet again, plug in your internet adaptor and reboot (when OS is off and not running). You really don't need two computers. Just need to make sure nothing else in running in the background like email auto-retrieve, network applications for printers,spyware and virus checking, etc.) and this is one way around that. Regarding AMD versus Intel -- my experience has been better with AMD. It beats Intel on all the benchmark tests and runs smoother I think. I used to be a certified network computer tech in my previous life, just in case any of you are wondering about the source.

Any of the Melco techs are knowledgeable in these areas and I'm sure would be happy to walk you through this process if you're unsure.

Comment

Working...
    X