Amaya XT goes off the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya XT goes off the air

Boy I don't know where to start with this, but here goes.I have the Amaya XT for about seven mobths now. This is happening every time I try to sew on it now.It will be sewing up a storm and all of a sudden the machine is OFF the screen of my computer and completly stopped. The key pad has the light green light on at the status (top of the key pad)but NO BUTTONS on the key pad will work at all,the s-stop button or the Big Red button Emergency Stop Button, nothing will work on this machine. And it is not on the Machine list on my computer. The only way I can get it back on is to turn every thing off and then start all over. This is wasting a lot of caps . Does any one know what I can do. I have a large order to get out by Wednesday.
    Margarett

Try un-installing everything. OS and DS. Then reinstall the programs.

Make sure you go in and completely wipe out the folders where the install was. Start from scratch.

I've never had the problem you describe, but it seems like a software issue and not one of the million sensor errors that the AMAYA has.

You won't hurt anything by un-installing and re-installing the software, so it can't hurt to give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Margarett - This has happened to me also several times in the middle of sewing a logo it stops, it is even needle down and like you said all keys on that machine are inoperable, my other machine would still be going. I look on my computer screen and it has just dropped off line.
      So I wait until the other machine finishes sewing and have to shut everything down and then I just go to settings and move to stitch until I find the correct stitch and pick it up from there.
      Very very time consuming and aggrevating!!!
      Once I got lucky and the other machine wasn't at the stitch yet where the one had stopped so I watched my screen and wrote down the stitch that the one had stopped dead at. Made it easy to shut down, start back up, reset the design, and go to settings-Move-put in the stitch number and hit move to stitch. Didn't lose any garments over it yet!
      I think you are right about it being since installing the upgrade.

Comment

Margarett,
        Is there a chance that your hard drive on your PC is going into standby mode or possibly hibernation while you are sewing a lengthy design?
        Have any changes been made to the computer recently? Do you have one of those crazy screen savers running on your PC. If so you should turn that off. Screen savers are a thing of the past and some are so complicated they can drain your system of valuable resources like that of your processor and memory while the PC is trying to "talk" to the Amaya.
        All these afore mentioned items can cause the computer to lose comunication with the Amaya, and as a result, weird things can happen.
        Best of luck,
        Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Margarett -
          Yes, I do have my e-mail, internet & Adobe Illus.
          Quickbooksm On the one computer. I know IZ have to go out and purchase another, Just haven't had the time or wanted to spend the money......

Ed - If I was to purchase another computer today, what would you recommend? I would like it to be a notebook/laptop. This would be the one that I would install all my NON DS PRO+ & OS.
          When I have to send a design let's say to you or you send one to me that I would get on my notebook via email how do I get it easily to come up into DS?

Comment

Margret,

You don't have to turn off everyting. Just make sure your force download is not checked and just turn off the machine and turn it back on. It should default back to the same stitch you were on when it stopped. It will come back onto your list after it restarts.

If you don't make MELCO aware of your problem they won't be able to get it fixed for you. I don't like to spend the $50.00 either if I don't have to. Call them first, and if they don't have a fix over the phone you may have to spring for the $50.

Steve I.
            Trinity Sports & Embroidery
            Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I'm not a big advocate of laptops. A laptop's sole purpose is for mobility. Personally I feel you'll spend more up front, they're difficult to service or upgrade, and God forbid you spill a drink on the keyboard or damage the screen. Now you're looking at replacing the entire computer.
              Of course, with a desktop, life is more affordable.
              These are simply my thoughts.
              Ed
              -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

The fee is $150 for Travel Time for the Tech. They only waive it if it's a recall for something already fixed. I was told by Melco that they only cover travel time for the first 90 days. I know this because I just had to pay it.

Comment

The travel time charge must depend on your location. I was charged $50 but they cancelled the charge when they found I was within my first 90 days.

Barb Bunker
                  Broomfield, CO
                  Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

I use a laptop to run 3 AMAYAS, DS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Solitaire all at the same time. NEVER had a problem with hibernation or insufficient memory or "slow" performance, or anything else.

Now, when that laptop goes, I'm getting another laptop, not a desktop, because I travel on occasion and I can take it with me to get some digitizing done on the road.

I also use my laptop for sales calls. Nothing like some "on the spot" digitizing to show the customer. They have a greater appreciatiation for what you do when they can see the time it takes. (Always back up your designs and files before you take your laptop out of the shop!)

If you don't need a laptop for mobility, then definitely get a desktop model. If you do get a laptop, get a good one with plenty of accessible memory and a good sized harddrive. Memory will be your limiting factor for sure on a laptop.

Comment

Can you give me a GREAT recommendation on one and what I should have on it?
                      Well I'm off to learn how to use the digitizing!!

Comment

Melco charges travel costs off by "Zones"

Rod
                        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Mine is a Gateway, but when I need to I'm going to upgrade to a Toshiba Satellite with 2gig memory. Make sure it has a VGA connection so you can hook up an external monitor if you want. Usually laptops don't have a suitable size screen for digitizing.

I have a 17" screen, so it works fine for me. I'm going to spring for the 22" external monitor when I catch one on sale.

Comment

Get the Intel processor not the AMD and something around a 2 GHz processor speed. Don't get the Windows Vista until Melco gets their software compatable or you won't be able to use it.

Should set you back $1000 to $1300, not quite twice as much as a desktop.

good luck

Comment

And while you're are looking, try to get a demonstration on a Tablet PC. I have one and it is simple great for digitizing!

Juli in Kona
                              Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
                              X