Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine not booting

Hi all,

I have a machine that is a couple of years old, however, I doubt there is even 20 hours on it.

It has sat unused for about the last year.

I hooked it up today and when I flip the power switch the white LEDs under the head flash one time briefly and there is a slight, quick beep. Then nothing. No light on the control panel, no movement ever. If I lift the table off, I can see some green LEDs flashing on the main board.

Anyone have a clue what is going on? This machine is new usage wise.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like your e-stop button may be pressed in. Of course, it could be many other things but that would be the most obvious especially if it's been sitting for a while - you may have bumped it without even knowing. Release by twisting it and see what happens.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

That was my first thought also. I have pushed it in and released it multiple times both while "powered up" and while not.

I would imagine that if the E stop was pushed, I would still get at least a red light on the control panel. Is this a correct assumption?

Comment

If the E-stop is pressed in and the machine is turned on, the lights will flash and the machine will beep 3 or 4 times.

Check to see if the cable connected to the back of the keypad is seated properly. Remove the cable and reinstall.
        David Anderson<br />Keband Australasia

Comment

I have reseated the cable with no improvement.

I am going to try to get hold of support today. I emailed last night, but no return yet.

Comment

Did you open OS first before you turned your machine on??
            Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

I did. I made sure it was open for a few minutes, then turned on the Amaya.

I worked a little with support today. This is what we have tried and what I have learned.

1. I took the cover off of the main board today so I could check for corrosion, as well as see what LEDs were flashing. While studying the main board, I found there is a LED for the E Stop. It was not lit. When I push the E Stop, the light comes on. Therefore I know it is not an E Stop issue and I know the control panel is communicating (somewhat.)

2. The tech had me reboot my machine as well as my network switch. This did not correct the issue.

3. I tried connecting my machine directly to the Amaya with a crossover cable. No difference.

4. I connected my machine to the Amaya through a different switch with nothing else on the network. No difference.

5. I dug my wife's computer out of storage. It is the machine we used primarily when we set the Amaya up originally. (Though, both computers worked fine with the machine before storage.) No difference.

The technician called me back but I missed the call so I will wait until tomorrow.

At this point, I don't think it is computer related. I think it is Amaya related.

Comment

Funking,

Did They have you do a Configuration to see if the computer and the machine were communicating?

Rod Springer
                Amaya Tech & Trainer
                Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Funky King,
                  You say that there are lights on the main board that are lit.
                  Would you say they are lit brigthly or just dimly lit?
                  Brightly lit they look like Christmas tree lights. Dimly lit they are on but not impressive.
                  You might have a supply of power issue. Of course there could be a multitude of sources of this problem.
                  Tell me about the lights.
                  Ed
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Im having this same problem but it happened after a powerfailure, but not right after several days after. It started with the OS dropping off while sewing the machine will continue to sew and finish, I can even load it and keep sewing. to get the OS to communicate I would have to turn off the machine then shutdown the OS restart the OS and then the machine. after a few minutes it would loose communication. tech support is baffled. I have tried another computer. reinstalled os9 and ds9. changed cat5 cable. then at one point i could watch it drop off then reload rsa csa then drop then reload. I moved the amaya machine about 1 foot and now I cant even get it to communicate with the OS. I goes through the start up and looks like its ready but not. I looked under the table checked the Cat5 connection all looks good. had a bunch of green and red lights lights on. I know its not the nic, the cable, the computer, I will try to use my older OS and see what happens. sorry for the typos Im tired and cant see or think anymore. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Paul,
                      Make sure your computer setting are not allowing the hard drive to go into sleep mode or standby mode after so many minutes of non-use.
                      You can check this (For Windows XP) by right clicking on the desktop, click on properties, then click on screen saver, then click on "Power" and then, right there under "Power Schemes" you will see your options.
                      Under Shut off and standby mode, select "NEVER" as your choice. It doesn't matter if the Monitor shuts off after a short time of no use.
                      If the hard drive shuts off or goes into standby mode while your machine(s) is/are sewing, you will lose communications with Amaya OS and may have to restart everything to establish communications again.
                      Hope this helps.

Ed Orantes
                      Melco Tech & Trainer
                      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

thanks for the tip we did check that and it was set correctly, I didnt know about that before this, but it was correct anyway. Talked with Rod and we are still stumped. as of right now Melco is shipping a new mainboard out. I hope that will fix it.

Comment

Well, we are not necessarilly "stumped" but we have walked through the process of elimination until it appears that the main CPU is the culprit.

Once that is installed and if it does not work, then "stumped" is a term that may start to apply...but my guess is that it will take care of the issue Paul is having, which is not that the Amaya won't "boot" as such, but that when trying to do a Configuration, the computor and the machine do not recognize each other so that the machine can start the initialization process to "boot"... }

Rod Springer
                          Amaya Tech & Trainer
                          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Have you tried connecting the cable directly to the main board? this will eliminate the possibility that the coupler or the cable running from the coupler to the board is the problem.

I have had to change the coupler a handful of times.They do damage easily.

Hugo Torbidoni
                            Melco Tech
                            301-471-3157
                            Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Paul,

On December 2004 I also experiencing a problem with one of my Big Red. The machine would lose communication during the sewing of any design. Melco was also stumped because they could not find the problem. The main board and power supply was replaced and still the problem persisted. My tech at that time was Kevin Wasik, very good technitian. Finally when he came the third time he found the problem. One of the cable inside the machine (this is a flat cable that you can see thru the red plactic cover) has a very tiny cut so the inside wire was exposed. When the machine was sewing and the cable was moving the exposed wire will touch some metal inside the machine that caused the breaking in "machine communication". He had a spare cable in his car, replaced it and BINGO, problem solved.

I hoped that my experience will help your tech find the problem.

Best of luck,

Maggie

Comment

Working...
                              X