Warrantys are not transferable!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrantys are not transferable!!!

I have been in the market for a used machine and have found out a few things that I think might be helpful to others. I am new to think market and assumed a few things- and you know what happens when you assume.
    If buying from an individual the warranty that is on your machine that you purchased from Melco does not transfer to the new owner. They will sell the new owner a new warranty. As far as the software goes they will transfer the ownership for a fee of $600
    So with all the machines out there for sale I thought this might be a heads up to newbies like me.

Are you in the market for a 2001 SWF 4 head with a wide range of hoops & cap frames as well as over 175 rolls of head (most 4 same color to fit machine) for only $10,500.00 This machine has been well cared for - used only part time in the embroidery shop behind our home. We've fully retired now. If interested contact me at [email protected]

Also have available 2002/2003 Dakota Collectibles collection CD (16,000 designs) for $500.00 (condensed format). Also have Amaya XT Flex software with dongle and manuals (can connect up to 1 to 30 machines) for only $2000.00.

Comment

I am not in need of machines - I have the machines, but I do have software for sale

Comment

IF your machine has a warranty in existence, Melco 'transfers' that warranty by 'selling' the new owner a warranty. It's going to be the same price and same warranty but now it is 'registered' to the new owner. They aren't going to be paying anything 'extra' like transferring the software.
        Well worth getting the warranty because you don't know WHAT can go wrong just getting a used machine delivered! Hugo or Ed just posted to someone that they would personally pick up, deliver, setup and train a used machine (in their area and of course for a fee) and this is the best case scenario for someone buying a used machine-contact your local TECH first since they know the machines in your area and who wants to get rid of one or more!

Comment

I am interested in the Dakota collection, but wanted to ask about the color sequences. Is there a book or listing of the correct colors for these designs. And is there a way to display the pictures?

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Each Dakota design has a code sheet with it. However, the colors are not numbered to any specific thread line so you need to choose the colors yourself. Not hard if there are only a few color changes like light green, medium green, and dark green. But when there are many color changes like light light blue, extra light blue, medium blue ----- it can get a little challenging.

GF

Comment

So are you saying that if I am buying a used machine that is still under warranty that they will just transfer the warranty?
              Because that is not what I got from my conversation with Melco.
              I do understand about paying $600 to transfer the software- well not really but could live with that.
              But I do not understand paying for the warranty to be transferred on the machine

Comment

The Dakota catalog has great pictures and all the colors are listed in order. Each color is on a Madeira chart in the front. So M. Black3 is Madeira thread color 270. I don't use that brand exclusively so I have always made the color choices that best match the suggested ones AND fit what my customer wants. Two catalogs come with the whole collection or you can buy one from them.
                Darlene Duseberg
                Five Point Embroidery
                Perrysburg, OH
                Darlene

Comment

I can't find the Madeira chart in front. My catalog only lists the colors generically like:

1. Gray
                  2. Red
                  3. Lt Gray
                  4. Black

I do what Darlene does and just make the color choices myself, but having a chart would be very helpful for the large designs.

Comment

Kayjay, I want to talk to you. Please send me a private message with your phone number and I'll call you. I do want the Dakota Collection.

Juli in Kona
                    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I pulled out my Dakota catalogs and found the first year that the Madeira chart was posted was 2004. Dakota says it prefers rayon so the numbers must be for rayon thread. Are the same numbers used for poly thread? I don't know.
                      In the Dakota Sizer and AlphaSizer it is "Madeira (D)". If you own the program you can go to www.dakotacollectibles.com and download the color chart.
                      Darlene Duseberg
                      Perrysburg, OH
                      Darlene

Comment

We've sold our Dakota Collectibles CD collection with books.

Comment

Someone was selling DS Pro+ and OS ver 9 for $3600.00 the ohter day Is that still available and if so can you e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
                          Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Just to confirm I contacted melco service ([email protected]) and asked about warranty transfer. Here is a direct quote from them:

"Thank you for the email, I am sorry but the manufactures warranty on the Amaya Product is not transferable. Melco does offer a extended warranty that you can purchase, please call 1-800-877-4272 for information. "
                            Stacey<br />Sharp Edge Design(tm)<br />Your Partner in Self Expression!(tm)<br /><a href=\"http://www.SharpEdgeDesign.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SharpEdgeDesign.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                            X