GX 24 cutters-new product to test!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GX 24 cutters-new product to test!

Just got this note from Stahls and if one of you that has the GX would try it, I might have some occasional work for you!
    I get requests for 'soft hand' full color images on darks and the printed heat seal vinyl off my Versacamm just isn't 'soft hand'.
    This would save some small orders that they don't want to embroider.
    >>>>>>
    Now You Can Print On Darks With Stahls' New InkTra™ Opaque Transfer Paper!

InkTra™ Opaque Transfer Paper allows you to use photos, logos, text, and more to create full color transfers for application onto dark fabrics. Designed for smooth, jam-free feeding through ink jet printers, InkTra™ Opaque applies easily with a heat press. Printed transfers can be cut by hand or an optical-eye knife-blade cutter such as the Roland® GX-24 and applies to cotton, polyester, poly/cotton blends, or fleece. The transfer paper is available in 8 ½" x 11" and 11" x 17" sheets. InkTra™ Opaque is long lasting and has a soft hand. Try it today!

What is soft hand?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

In screenprinting, a 'soft hand' is how the image feels on the fabric.
      Waterbased inks are great, a natural 'soft hand feel' after they have been washed once. Plastisol inks, pretty much the standard ink now-have a 'rubber' feeling unless it is a process color print-using extremely thin layers of ink 'dots' to make the 4 color process but you can still feel it. Sublimation inks-have no feel at all-the ultimate 'soft hand' because the ink has 'sublimated' or actually 'dyed' the fabric threads-no residue left behind.

Comment

i received the promo from Stahls. I havent ordered any of the transfer paper yet as I am still learing my GX. I am very interested in it though as I have done dark transfer work before but didnt like the outline that was left. I never could quite get the scissors to trim close enough or have the time to do it with such precision.

as soon as i try it, i'll post back here.
        Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Working...
        X