graphtec vinyl cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphtec vinyl cutter

I was wanting to know if anyone out there is using a graphtec to cut twill to applique? I got one of these cutters in some used equipment that I purchased and was hoping I could cut my own designs but am not sure. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I have a graphtec CE5000, however the only thing I use on it is vinyl. If you call (888) 318-3247 they will tell you but I have never heard of using it for twill. Let me know what you find out.
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Comment

I have the graphtec CE5000 that is used mostly for signs and heat applied graphics. I have used it for twill/fabrics once or twice. You just have to make sure whatever you're cutting has a carrier on it...either twill that you've purchased with the carrier OR apply your own to whatever fabric you want to use. I heat pressed the "applique" backing onto the fabric loaded in the cutter and sent the job. Just do a little testing to make sure you are cutting just the fabric and will be able to "weed" it as needed. The angle of the cutter blade and presser will have a lot to do with how successful you'll be. I'm sure they can help at the # suggested above.

Comment

I use mine for twill, You will need a twill blade though, I think it is equivalent to a 60 degree blade, a touch more force. It works awesome. Christi

Comment

Is the number listed above a business or individual? I have tried to call twice and no answer. Thanks for all the help. I think I will just have to play with the cutter and see what it will really do.
          Donald

Comment

Sorry it is their support number. Looks like I may be purchasing a new blade to try it. Thanks for all your input.
            Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the Ioline. I know they are more expensive but I'm wondering if it might be worth it. I'm looking to cut twill as well. I'd like to sub it out first to see if the designs will be popular. Any suggestions of a supplier?

Comment

I use the ioline because it makes the stitch file. The time it takes you to digitize stitch flies is well worth the extra cost of the ioline.

Steve
                Trinity emb
                Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Comment

Working...
                  X