tomorrow's the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomorrow's the day

Tomorrow I get to go see the Amaya XT. I was thinking of taking one of my more complicated designs that I digitized. See if the software converts and how it stitches. Any thing I should have them show me this is my first commercial machine that will be demoed to me. Thanks Sandy in Costa Rica
    Paradise can have it\'s draw-backs.

Take fabric samples with you. The blankets you do, a Polo and T-shirt, dress shirt as well as take a couple of hats to have loading and sewing demo. What sold me on the Amaya - how it sewed lace. Not stiff, soft and flowing.
    A quick note - my husband is a "retired" lace designer.
    What part of Costa Rica are you living?
    Our Honeymoon Cruise ship stopped in CR only for 1 day, we picked up the best coffee! Decaf even.
    When you get your Amaya, Get the Hoopmasters Mighty Hoops. They are magnetic, and for your heavy blankets I would think just the ticket.
    I have the 5.5 and will be getting the larger and 4.5 hoops to very soon.
    Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Thanks Gabi, I have the polo and T shirt no dress shirt even though I am working on 30 of them making them from scratch for a company and doing six logo's on them. No hats because my little home machine doesn't do them. We live 1 hour outside of Jaco now 2 hours from San Jose. Costa Rican coffee has 50% less caffeine automatically they are aruca beans. Yes I have already decided I needed the mighty hoops and not fast turns. I do my own digitizing already and Tina told me to stick with my software. Thanks hope we become more familiar with each other. Been sewing since I was 7 now over 50 Opps did I say that. LOL Sandy in Costa Rica

Comment

I can say one thing I am lucky they have a polyester thread here that is 5,000 meters (thats 39")per meter. I get it for 1.80 a spool right now and yesterday I saw T-shirts that I did last year for lifeguards and those shirts have had saltwater and bleach for a year and they still had the color and no shrinkage so I don't think I will be needing special thread that is bleach resistant it is called Dor Tak

Comment

If you have any extra fabric from the 30 shirt you are (OMG) sewing from scratch just take that. The salesman may have a hat to demo...
          I hit 55 this past fall. I'm still 12.... [img]smile.gif[/img] . also good backing supplier - American Embroidery Supply. They are located in Georgia. US 1-888-518-6522. The 1.5 Invisible mesh is one of my fav.s They have a website. Have fun tomorrow!

Comment

Have went and seen the machine and just what the Doctor ordered. Now if I can get my husband to stop playing doctor long enough to put the down payment on the machine life will be good. They say 30 days for delivery but could be a short as 10. Need to go to panama next week to renew passport and also have to cut up my sewing tables take out pieces and move supports just a little job. So my new beast will have a home. I am calling my new machine the Beast(in a loving way) now just to figure out what computer to get. Thanks all. Sandy in Costa Rica

Comment

Sandy-
              Yahoo for you. waiting is the second hardest part, the first will be when you are standing in front of "the Beasty" to push the green button for the very first time. then the fun begins!
              Congrates

Comment

I have forgotten about employees, It is amazing that you give a Costa Rican something that is nice and they will pick it apart. The company I am doing all those shirts for the employees must be looking at every stitch under a magnifying glass. Gerrrrrrrrr. Also having trouble getting hubby to give me the money for my start up as he said he would. He doesn't think the machine can pay for it self. My poor little Husqvarna Designer SE needs to see her doctor and he is in California. Oh well off to Panama for our 90 day passport update. What a shame I don't need fabric, much CHEAPER there than here.
                Sandy in Costa Rica

Comment

In 2005 when I got "Gracie" she paid off her dept in 6 months. We added her to our at the time, silkscreen shop. We did have existing clients as well as walk-ins.
                  Have fun in Panama. The canal was part of our honeymoon cruise Dec'08. When do ou take delivery?

Comment

I like that you call your machine Gracie,
                    Don't have a date on the machine yet because hubby hasn't given me my start up money, he just hates taking it out of the bank just loves making it and hording it, I keep telling him you can't take it with you. LOL
                    Sandy in Costa Rica

Comment

Sandy,

I was afraid to ask my hubby if we could buy our Maya...I named her after the female Jaquar at our Zoo...I volunteer at the Zoo one day a week and have for the past 14 years...so when I decided to buy our Amaya and she arrived I named her Maya...
                      back to asking if we could buy her...I couldn't believe he agreed to buy her and we got her on Dec. 16, 2006 and we both fell in love with her and he enjoyes her as much as I do...we went to training together and we do the embroidering together...he retired in May 2008 and we are now building Maya a room on to our garage...I know how you feel...I was so excited to get her and now everyone that comes to see us and sees her is very impressed with her...take care and until next time...

Jenny
                      Westbrook Wonders
                      Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

He was impressed with "The Beast" as I am call it. We where talking about building a new house yesterday and he laid out his plan and at the end of his speech, I asked him where he planned to put my machines during the rebuild, OOPS. he had only got as far as a place for us to sleep and for me to cook, I promptly told him would work because I can't live without my machines.
                        Sandy in Costa Rica

P.S.

We seem to be having a few good days away from the normal daily life so will ask him to stand behind his word.

Comment

"place for us to sleep and for me to cook"...LOL...well, what a macho man. Doesn't HE know how to cook for his wonderful wife? LOL...my wife would hang me out to dry if I came up with a statement like that...SHE won't cook unless absolutely necessary or it comes out of a box and/or goes in the microwave.
                          I'm the main cook here...terms of marriage were I do the cooking, she does the dishes and it's worked for 30 years. I do the digitizing and sample sewouts on the amaya, but she handles all the maintenance and the bulk of the sewing!

Comment

Seems to me - In order to cook you have to "buy" food, In order to build a house you have to "buy" materials and maybe some labor. Now to "buy" these things you need money. Money that you can make with your machines. So the first room to be built seams to me would be the room to make some money. You can alway cook and sleep outside in the tent till the kitchen/living room is built with the money the machine are making.... Just a thought. What comes first the chicken or the egg?

Comment

I am so bummed, partner(was life partner)
                              won't fund the Amaya XT for me now after talking to 3 people. What a toad.

Comment

Working...
                              X