Shop Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Lighting

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or knows what the best bulbs would be to get for an embroidery shop. We're currently using 8ft F96T8/SP41 bulbs. Any info would be great. Thanks!

-Kerr
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

From my experience doing signs and screenprinting before embroidery...what you see for colors under florescent lighting is NOT what the article will look like under natural sunlight or incadescent (standard screw in) bulbs. So if a customer has picked out colors at home or at the office, then comes in to pick out colors in your shop and the lighting is different-they are not going to match!
    Since the product is used in THEIR environment, send the swatch card/thread card to them to pick the colors...saves embarassing moments when they get the shirt home or at the office and the colors are off!

Comment

There is a lighting store here locally that sells different values of fluorescent tubes.
      some are warm white (Ivory tint)instead of cool white (Blueish tint) but you may check into Daylight bulbs, which most closely resemble natural sunlight. you may also make a spot in your shop with smaller lamps to be more cost effective and it cna be the viewing area, so you use that area to view and do your color matching. even though it may look different in other parts of your shop.
      If you talk to any lighting store or even home depot or lowes they carry different varieties of bulbs that will get you what your looking for.

Good Luck...
      Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

I read an article in a magazine a while back, but can't seem to find the article again. They mentioned a specific type of bulb and unfortunately, I didn't write it down. Now I can't even remember which magazine it was in. It may have been impressions...... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Perhaps I'll have a look around in Home Depot or Lowes next time I'm there. Thanks for the replies! [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Working...
        X