Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland versacamm

Does anyone a Roland versacamm?
    if so what are your thoughts on the machine?
    likes dislikes?

We have the VP-540, just got it at the Jan. '09 ISS show in Long Beach. So still learning. But we love having it. It helps if you know Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw very well. Roland Irish from Sunrise Graphics and this group has had his for a long time and has been "our" go to person since we got ours. It doesn't print white only C M Y and K, but Roland also told me yesterday they do have a new even pricier one that you can have a 5th color, white cartridge.
    Get it at a Show if you can, you get so much more for your money.
    Roland - Please take it from here when you get in tomorrow morning!

Comment

I'm here! We bought our SP300V Versacamm 3 years ago, after researching it for a couple years (well, honestly we dragged our feet until the price came down) This is the 30" machine-Debbie got the larger one. At times I wished we went for the 540 because I do 4'x8' panels for another shop. But there is no way I'd have room for that big a machine. ALWAYS wait to buy until you get to a show (USSC show, end of Nov. every year in Atlantic City is where we go) because they go on sale! Usually $3,000 off. And if there is a model change-dealers will dump the older model fast. I do NOT recommend buying it on line-because these machines are finicky and you WILL need to have a REAL live tech to take care of them. Warranty is great-and when it runs out-DEFINITELY get the extended warranty. I don't care what some people say about 'put the money in the bank'...on a Versacam-the print heads don't last long-they can go bad easily-and that's a $3,000 bill to replace them! Our machine paid for itself the first year-doing signage for United Ways across the country. Our amaya...well, the last lease payment is next week-with interest-it cost us almost $25,000 and was the worst financial disaster we ever got into! Hate to say it-but having just one isn't worth it.

Comment

Signman, you hit the nail right on the head. About the amaya....Well, if figure when you learn better you do better. And that one is something I won't ever do again!!!!

Carolyn
        You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Comment

We own the VP540 and have had it for over a year. It has more than paid for itself. We have not had any real problems with it. We have had a Garment printer for over 3 years and we had a lot more problems with it than we have ever had with the versacamm. As far as the Amayas we have had 4 of them and we have loved them. We had one big red in 2003 and added another one in 2005 then traded both for the XTs and we have loved them all. The only real problem we have had with them is a cable broke on one and they had changed the part due to problems with humidity so we got the wrong part and it took us 2 weeks to get the correct part.

Comment

Working...
          X