sorry, can't find it in the archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry, can't find it in the archives

I think I read a post about people in foreign countries contacting us to sell them items for their store. They want to know whether or not we accept credit card, etc. Didn't someone post about these type of emails and who to forward them to?

email received is below:

SMORLY MALL INC
    # 338 Neapean Hwy Seaford 3198
    Victoria Australia
    Telephone: 03-97441617
    E-mail: [email protected]

Dear Sales Rep,

My name is Joe Edward from SMORLY MALL INC,we want to purchase some items from you store to our store here in Australia but we will need to confirm if you do accept visa or master credit card as terms of payment and if you can get the shipping cost to Australia above address.

Best regards
    Joe Edward.
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Unless the rules have changed, you cannot send goods from the US to other countries without an import/export license-or you have to use an 'export broker'...all of which cost you money. So unless you are set up for this-and as I found out, even Canada is considered a foreign country (LOL...I had to ship shirts to one of my customers doing a show up there) then you can forget about shipping out of the country. My guess...this is another scam...you will get a 'deposit' plus 'please use XYZ shipping and send them $xxx for that'...and then you find out a week later the card is bogus and the money you sent to the shipper is gone...
    my recommendation...stick to local sales...if someone out of the country wants your goods, find a 'broker' and let them deal with it and they'll find out if it's bogus or not!

Comment

Working...
    X