amaya repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amaya repairs

I am looking into becoming a 3rd party technician for Amaya machines. I'm trying to get an idea how many Amayas are in the Ohio area and is there much call for repair service in that area. If you are in the Ohio area or if you know how I could get that info please let me know.

K White,
    This is a tuff industry to get into. And with economical times like now, it's tuff to stay in as well.
    If you'd like to know more, give me a call and I'll lower the boom.
    Way too much info to type and I'm thinking most folks on the list wouldn't be interested in the details.
    Ed
    504-258-6260
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I would agree with Ed. I too would be more than happy to talk to you about the highs and lows.

John

1-302-893-8762

Comment

Ahhhh gee guys, ya'all's know it is just all peaches and cream......

I,for one, would not like to rely on it as a secure family income.... in fact I personally am not getting enough in the way of tech calls anymore to really make it worth while in paying the extra high priced liability insurance we have to carry...

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I'm in the northwest area of Columbus. I live in fear that my "Stitch" will need emergency surgery. The only 'doc' I've had work on "Stitch" is Rod, and I have every confidence in him. But, Rod, you live so far away. He has kindly helped me with first aid on line, so Stitch is patched together. Sooner or later, I'm going to have to make a 911 call. It's like the tank is on E and I don't know where the next gas station is. I for one, would be happy to have a tech living near by. As Rod said, however, I don't think there are so many Amaya owners in the vacinity that would keep you busy full time.
          Genie Zenowich
          Columbus, Ohio
          Genie Zenowich, Partner<br />Blackhurst Needleworx & Imaging<br />Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Hi Genie,
            We are really hoping to make a trip back that way again--maybe this year since we didn't get to go last year. We need to go see Pat in Vermont. We will see... I know Rod isn't excited about driving but maybe...
            Sharon

Comment

Sharon and Rod,
              Your Mash Unit is always more than Welcome. Just give me a heads up (sorry about the pun).
              Genie Z
              Genie Zenowich, Partner<br />Blackhurst Needleworx & Imaging<br />Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I am not looking to do this full time. I am a firefighter by trade. I work a 24 hr shift then I'm off for 48 hrs and I want something to do on my days off. I owned and operated an embroidery shop for 3 years then had to sell due to some unfortunate circumstances. I would like to know what other techs think about doing this part time. I don't want to step on any ones toes, I just love to tear things apart and put them back together and thought this might be a good way to go.
                Kevin White

Comment

It may sound exotic to "travel all over the US"....but Melco does have a "use the closest tech" policy when they allocate any warranty work out to the third party techs. This is to save $$$ on travel costs. But they can and do violate their own policy because of various reasons, which we as 3rd party people have no control over...

I do know that if you do go through with your new quest....expect to fork out a considerable upfront outlay of cash. This would cover the "first" two weeks of training and associated "required" tools of the trade and all the motel and travel expense involved.....and then there are the different levels of certification which involves more training and $$$$ and then there is that &^%$#(*&^$$$ liability insurance that we have to provide and the taxes that come out of the $$$$$.

And folks wonder why it cost so much for a tech to come visit..

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Working...
                  X