commercial sewing machine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commercial sewing machine thread

I am in the process of purchasing a commercial sewing machine. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase large spools, 5000 yds, of thread? I don't know what strength to look at. Is cotton or polyester or a blend of the two best? Or should it be a UV thread? It will be used to sew patches onto leather motorcycle jackets. I have a huge motorcycle rally in July at Moses Lake, Wa. and need thread.
    Thanks
    Betsy
    Wink n Twink Embroidery

Hi Betsy. Commercial thread comes on 6,000 yard put ups. I have a bunch of it in black, green, white and Navy blue from the sewing that I do. If you are doing patches onto leather you might want to consider a walking foot or a roller foot machine; a walking foot moves heavier fabrics, and a roller foot rolls leaving no marks to the leather. For just patches, a normal cotton wrapped poly core SHOULD work, but I'd go with the heavier #69 poly UV resistant. These jackets will be on their backs out in the sun for YEARS, and once the patches are on they generally won't be coming off again. For #69 UV resistant thread, I use outdoor wilderness fabrics, www.owfinc.com. Please tell them I referred you if you decide to order from them. They have given me super customer service, and a very good product at an extremely fair price.

Hope this helps!
    Judy Wilson

Comment

Thanks, will check them out.

Comment

Judy, checked out that store. It's only 10 miles from my daughters house. Am setting up an account tomorrow..in person. Thanks again.
        Betsy

Comment

Working...
        X