INKJET TRANSFER - EMERGENCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INKJET TRANSFER - EMERGENCY

For anyone who does heat press transfers - help!
    I bought a Phoenix heat press two weeks ago from Imprintables Warehouse. Not knowing anything, I also asked for some inkjet transfer paper just to get started.
    Well, the directions that came with the press are minimal.
    NO DIRECTIONS CAME WITH THE PAPER.
    After scrounging around the internet to try to find directions, I thought I was doing things correctly this morning.
    THE TRANSFER IS STUCK TO THE TOP OF THE PRESS.
    I am so angry about this that I would NEVER recommend Imprintables Warehouse.
    I don't know how I'm going to get this garbage off the machine.

Believe it or not, I think lots of us have done this, I'll admit we have! First, turn it off, and when it's cooled you can use, plain water and a rag to get most of the transfer paper off, and then use "Goof Off" or "Goo B Gone" to get off the rest. If you have a plastic tool, or scraper that is the best. Don't use metal. If that does not work, or if you have residue, call Imprintables or Stahls on Monday, and they may a solution that you can buy.
    THEN, call Stahls and get some "cover sheets" or a Teflon sheet. This is your best line of defense to protecting the press while you are heat pressing all materials!
    Good luck, I know this frustration. It will basically be a lot of elbow grease to clean it. My sister did it to my press, the same day it arrived, except she was using lettering, on a tee....holy smokes, I thought that would NEVER come off! Jan

Comment

Thank you for replying so quickly! I'm letting it cool off. What a waste of time!

Comment

Working...
      X