Golf Club Shaft Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Club Shaft Graphics

Question for all of our screen printing experts... how do you get logos/artwork on a golf club shaft? I have a customer who was outsourcing the work to China but apparently it's a slow boat (heh) and is taking forever. He wants to move his business stateside but is totally clueless how it is done. I asked if it was a label or cut graphic and he said it didn not appear so. Apparently, he makes custom clubs and gets the graphite shafts from a manufactur, pairs it with a head and grip and then has his logo put on.

Not wanting to send business away, I thought I would ask to see if any of you knew how to do that and would be willing to subcontract - or if I should just tell him - can't do it

Also, unrelated, I have created a new forum here on the web side of things for "complimentary businesses" to embroidery but don't like the name. If someone has a better idea, let me know.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Here is a link to a copy of the graphic I was sent...

John Yaglenski
    Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

Either lasered on, depends on the metal of the shaft, or pad printed...if it is all the way around the shaft, or most of the way,
      it could have been lasered with a cylindrical holder.
      Also, I had round shafts for a machine shop logo'd by a sublimation printer, but you have to have the right diameter 'hot platen' to do it.
      I'd have to see one up close to tell you how it was done.
      Roland

Comment

It's a graphite shaft. How does a laser do color? Any screenprinters know if it's possible to do this?
        John Yaglenski
        Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

OK, my customer apparently tore one club apart to see - and has determined it was a sticker/decal of some sort. Does anyone do screening of this sort of product on the list? If so, please contact me via the private message function of the boards or here in the forum! Need to get an idea of what this sort of thing would run. Looks like a 2 color print on a thin black label. He's going to bring a sample club by so I can get dimensions and the like.
          John Yaglenski
          Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

Okay, labels are never black because inks won't print on them...
            the black is always printed with a 'knockout' where the other colors
            go.
            I'd have to see the actual decal but it could very easily be a digital print on clear adhesive...depending on quantity, I can set you up to get them from Discount labels or if it is small quantity I may be able to print them on my Versacamm and diecut, if I can match the colors. Just did some test prints on holographic silver material-WOW, does that make the colors pop!
            contact me direct John...

Comment

There is something called MATES that is a very thin film that you can dye sub onto. You can get these sheets in clear, gold, silver, etc. They sell them at Conde.com.

Comment

If you havent found a solution for your customer, I would be happy to do a sample using sublimation onto the MATES material to see if this is what he wants. Contact me if you want to go this route.
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X