ISS Long Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISS Long Beach

I'm scheduled to attend the upcoming ISS in Long Beach next week.
    It will be my first show of this type and I want to make sure I spend my time wisely.

Can those of you who attend these types of shows give any pointers? Best advice?

I would really appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks,
    Joanie
    Sew Many PawsAbilities

This show is huge! If you are not organized, it can be overwhelming! I suggest you go on the ISS site and look at the vender list. When you click on a vender, you can click on Planner. This is a very nice way to make a ToDo list. Be sure to make notes in the note section to remind yourself what you want to see with this vendor. You may think, "I don't have to make notes - I'll remember." But I can assure you that when you get to the entrance and see 300 vendors all spread out in front of you, your first thought will be "OMG!". SO many things to see it is just overwhelming. But, with your list in hand (you printed it out to bring with you) you FIRST you see each vendor on your list. And plan the order to see then by where they are. You DO NOT want to be running back and forth across the huge floor area. Then after you have seen everyone on your list, then start going up and down the isles. If you find something interesting, take their business card or flyer and write down right then that interesting thing. Because I can guarantee you hat your will not remember! Way overwhelming - so many vendors - so many interesting things to see. I bring a smallish rolling briefcase to hold all the stuff I pick up. You DO NOT want to carry it around all day with you. And plan to go out to lunch or dinner with friends or acquaintances. A drink at the end of the day is going to be so good. Your mind will be in overload and your feet will hurt (wear comfortable shoes), and you'll be exhausted! And you have one or 2 more days. You will have a great time!
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Did you go and how was your experience? Are you from SoCal area?

Originally posted by Joanie View Post
      I'm scheduled to attend the upcoming ISS in Long Beach next week.
      It will be my first show of this type and I want to make sure I spend my time wisely.

Can those of you who attend these types of shows give any pointers? Best advice?

I would really appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks,
      Joanie
      Sew Many PawsAbilities

Comment

Working...
      X