UPS vs. FedEx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS vs. FedEx?

In the past our website orders have consisted of light/small packages weighing less than 1 lb. and we've used USPS because they are much more economical than other carriers. We are now getting bulk orders that range from 5-50 lbs. and we are researching additional carrier options. We are looking for feedback/tips/pros/cons of UPS vs. Fed EX. The rates that I'm looking at online are actually much higher the USPS which is contrary to what several people have told me. Are there possibly commercial rates? I'll give them a call but wanted to post here to maybe come up with additional questions for when I call. Thanks!

Make sure FedEx services your area on daily basis. Until last year they only came to our rural town twice a week.

Comment

We have found that parcel post or flat rate is the way to go if the weight / volume is low ie less the 7 lbs. They don't discount and are a pain to deal with if they are picking it up at your place of business and having you manifest for them.
      But the cost goes up when things get heavier.
      a 35 lb box for ups is about $25 to $35 depending on the zone. (Full retail)
      We do not use FedEx as they do not have the discount rates too make it viable and require special forms ect. now the volume to get a discount is considerable. We have a 30% discount with UPS on ground and a 50% on air shipments but our volume is 500 to 800 packages per day.
      Fed Ex can cater to the small guy from what I have heard. You should contact both and see what they will offer. They will both give you better rates if you exclude the other.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
        X