how do I price jacket patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I price jacket patch?

I am doing a 5 pc back jacket patch - just the center is 168,000 stitches and approx. 9in.X12in. it has 8 colors and 22 color changes per digitizing. what would i charge if i was only doing the center?

Ruby,

we charge $1/per 1,000 stitches
    so your center would be $168.00

Did you digitize it as well?
    What are you charging for that??

Laurie

Comment

You figure top speed is 1200 stitches PER MINUTE, average detail is going to be around 900-100. SO you have at least, just for the center...168 minutes (that's almost THREE HOURS of time) and you should be billing out to clear $40 or more PER HOUR. SO you already have $120 in time alone on the center patch. Don't give it away...even at 50ยข per thousand (bulk rate) you are losing money per hour or just barely making what your machine costs to sit there. And if they only want ONE item...well, they've tied you up for how long-and as Laurie says, what are you charging for digitizing? A design that large would cost YOU probably $100 to get digitized...then add in the other panels. Don't give the job away...if this is for a 'biker'...they spend MORE money on their BIKE then you spend on a car. Just a simple pinstripe job on the fenders costs them $200 or more and they pay it easily.
      'Bling' counts with this customer.

Comment

thank you so much for your replies!! we actually told the guys $200 for the whole job - hopefully that won't bite us on the rest. we pretty much figured about $150 for the center and 50 or so for the other pcs 20/20/5/5 (top rocker/bottom rocker/M/C). if you think that is too little let me know! they are ordering 20 patches to start! then more and are covering the digitizing costs. thanks again! this is our first big deal!
        Ruby

Comment

Working...
        X