I need a quote from a DTG or Screen printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a quote from a DTG or Screen printer

I have customer that wants about 50-75 T-shirts that I can have drop shipped to you. (Probably Gildan Tees.) I need 2 quotes. One would be front of the shirt pocket area only (one color.) The other quote for front pocket area on the front as well as individual numbers on the back.(Either DTG or Heat press would work.) There will be about 5-7 different colors so some shirts will be printed black and other printed white. Feel free to private message me or email me at steve20832(at)hotmail.com. Also need to ship them to me at zip code 33467 when they are done if you could please give me a total quote for both as well as turn-around time. Thanks

Thanks

Hello Steve,
    I might be interested in giving you a quote but I have a few questions before I can complete it. Let me know if you still need one and a contact number to answer the questions. thanks Donald

Comment

Thank you all for the emails but I was told today they are getting the Gildan shirts for $3.60 printed. I told the customer there was no way I could match that price. Not sure how any screen printer can make a profit for 50 shirts pricing so low. Some are printed with black ink and others white (multiple color shirts) so they have to clean the screens in the middle of the job.

Comment

definitely sounds like a garage door printshop...someone operating out of their home.
        I quote (and print) jobs all the time and get $7-$10 for the same thing. Just quoted last night for 3 color job, gildan shirts-and at 72 quantity it was around $8+ and he was happy with the price.
        50 would be another $1.50 or so!
        Guarantee that shop won't be around for long-you can't pay the help or feed the wife for that cheap.
        Yes, you CAN do it that cheap...but not and make a profit and that's why we are in business!
        Also...they may have quoted $3.60 BUT then on top of that get screen charge, art charge, color change charge, freight charge...I see it all the time. Customers ignore the 'other' charges and just go by the price PER SHIRT they were quoted. Add it up...even $50 of charges is $1.00 per shirt extra!

Comment

Roland, it has to be a home-based operation with one person because paying rent and employees, they would lose money on the job. The customer is a non-profit org so they only want something cheap. I play softball with the person who orders the shirts (that is how they got my name.) I told him last night I was still working on a quote and asked him what the lowest price he has so far. He has me on their list of vendors so they will send me more quotes. He did tell me they check tax numbers to validate the vendor is legal but anyone can get a business license. I'm not sure where this screen printer is but there is a supplier about 20-30 minutes from me so there wouldn't be freight charges if they drove there.

Comment

We are a home based "garage" screenprinter and have been for 11 years. We have a full size commercial shop and run a real business. We don't undercut the market and we don't cut on quality either.

Our quote for 50 Gildan tees with a one color print front only would have been $24 for set-up, $5.00 for color change and $6.75 for shirt & print. If print was on back too -- add another $1.75 and another color change charge.

We are getting eaten up out here in AZ --- people are under bidding us left and right taking jobs at cost and even printing for free. No customer in this day and age is loyal enough to work for free for them. They will just take their order somewhere else and find it even cheaper the next time!

Comment

Robyn where in AZ.
              I'm in Tucson, looking for screen print jobber to work with.
              I've scaled back to emb'y, digitizing and design in-house.
              Gabi
              Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Hi Gabi...

We are up in Anthem, AZ ... north of Phoenix ... probably about 2 hours north of Tucson. Thanks for asking though, wish we were closer. Good luck with your search. Hope you find a great printer to work with.

Robyn

Comment

Robyn

Comment

Robyn I am not to far from you. I operate out of my home with embroidery, and DTG at 7ave and Happy Valley rd. If you do screen printing send me a price sheet. I may be able to send some work your way. My email is [email protected]

Cindy in Phoenix

Comment

Contact me in the future for DTG. I will only do light shirts though.

Yolanda in Mass [email protected]
                      Yolanda Johnson

Comment

One thing I've found out over the years is that you can't worry about someone cutting prices.
                        They usually will be gone in less than a year.
                        Then they will call you to see if you want to purchase their equipment.
                        Give a fair but firm price and stick with it.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                        X