pricing on winter caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pricing on winter caps

I have winter caps that have a logo on the front and lettering on each ear flap. so each hat gets hooped 3 times. How would you charge for that? 3 separate hoopings or less for each ear flap? thanks for any advice.
    samme
    [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

My pricing depends on quantity and stitch count. I have a $5 minimum per hooping if it's just 12 pieces. My minimum order is 12 pieces.

Comment

for hats, my min without a set-up fee is 24.
      Set-up for 1-23 hats is $25.00
      I have a "wholesale" 3"x3" image price of $4.50.
      I would charge the retail for the front image, and $4.50 per flap for the embroidery only.
      Plus mark up on the hat.
      Gabi
      Tucson
      Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

I ended up pricing center logo @ $7.25 and $3 per side on the 2 side logos. The client seemed happy and I was very happy to be done with those bulky hats! What a pain but a pain that is done!!Thanks for your advice!
        Samme
        [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Comment

Samme,
          In the end, do you recall what the overall amount of time it took to complete each hat?? And then compare that to your shop rate? You do have a "shop rate", right?? That being what an hour of your time is worth.

If you made more money than you would have sewing something relatively common, then you did well. If you find that you came up short, next time charge a little more.

In our retail shop, our minimum charge is $9.95 for items we sell. $11.95 for items customers bring in from elsewhere. If I can do 4-5 names in an hour, I can expect to make $40-50 bucks an hour with one machine. If I have two machines, I should be able to double that.
          If you were able to do all three of your winter caps in one hour, then I would say you were doing just fine with what you charged them. If it took longer than an hour, up the charge, ask for a minimum quantity of 12 or more, or simply try to focus on cranking out the work faster (as in removing as many interruptions as possible, etc...).

Best of luck to you.
          Ed
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
          X