Silk Dupioni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silk Dupioni

What do I need to know about sewing on silk dupioni? I want the thread to just lay on the fabric and can't seem to get the right settings. The design is digitized professionally so it's not that. It sews on other fabric fine. I tried a fast-frame, but that resulted poorly. The hoop seems to be the only way to go. Fused stabilizer a definite to keep fabric from moving (silk is slippery). I know it's in the threadfeed settings, but can't seem to get them right. Lowering the auto-actifeed limit to 6 really helped, but I need to adjust the column and run/fill feed settings. Playing around with these really changes the results and hopefully someone has already figured this out??? The settings so far that work best are 50/103/8/6 except when it gets to the outline, I get false bobbin breaks. Can someone help?

GF

Try Solvy on top

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

My best luck with silk dupioni was fusing a light-weight batting to the back of the fabric.
      Barb
      Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

We originally made our Cloud Vover Stitch for silks and satins to arrest any fraying
        It does not affect the drapability as it is soft , sheer and non directional

http://www.lebowconsulting.com/stabilizer-reviews.htm

You wull still need a stabilizer - probably a tearaway
        If you want samples - easy enough Pls just email me direct

Fred
        Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Fred, Will the SuperSoft 305S that's been discussed recently on BFC group work well with dupioni, in conjection with the Cloud Cover? I've also been struggling with getting the correct combo of tension/stabilizer on my XT...what worked fine on my home machine doesn't work as well on the XT.
          Thanks,
          Toni
          www.SatinStitchery.com

Comment

Working...
          X