Caps pop off of hoop easily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caps pop off of hoop easily

I have had my Amaya XT for 6 years and have stayed away from caps because I cannot consistantly keep them from coming off of the hoop. The teeth don't keep the cap in place. It seems right and when I put it on the machine and trace the design, the caps move away from the hoop. I was tired of putting caps in the trash. I am getting lots of requests for caps and don't like to turn away the business. I watched the video in the help area over and over. I am doing exactly what he shows.

I visited 2 other shops (friends in other towns) with other brands and watched them hoop their caps. They do not have any issues like I do. I used theirs and had no problems.

Help! I feel like I paid a lot of money for a piece of junk cap system.

Elizabeth,
    I am sorry you are so frustrated. The Amaya XT sews great caps. There is something being missed in the hooping process. Are the bands adjusted tightly enough for the style of cap being sewn? Herb did a wonderful job in the video we produced. Be sure not to tuck the cap in too far because that spring loads the cap to pop off. Have you had any training? If not, I suggest you find someone with an Amaya machine and go watch them or find a trainer nearest you and get some training.
    Sharon Springer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Do your cap frames have a stop on them? I have an XT that came with the stops and I have not sewn a cap yet with those frames. I use older frames without the stops.

Mike
      Action Graphics

Comment

Working...
      X