Is Melco still in business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Melco still in business?

Anyone know any way to contact Melco? I have been trying for 2 days...emails come back non-existing, every sales 'office' in the country uses the same 800 number and that goes to an endless answering machine loop-even if you press 0 for operator...it's like Melco is gone...all I want to do is ask some questions....
    Rod, Sharon, Ed, Herb...any of you had contact with someone IN Melco recently?
    Would be really hard if a newbie wanted to BUY a machine and couldn't even get ahold of someone to sell them one...just not the way to run a business!

I called Melco moments ago just to check [img]smile.gif[/img] I did not use the 800 number..got right through.

Comment

Signman,

IF you might be calling Melco to find out more about the value of your machine, I'd like to tell you of my experience. I was contemplating buying a used machine from a gal around here--2008 machine (it was January 2009) when I became interested. She told me Melco told her that her machine was worth 10,500--at THAT time, Melco was selling new machines for less! I sincerely believe they were trying to lead her astray so that people would go directly to Melco and put ALL of their money into THEIR pocket--just my impression.

Comment

What phone number do you have that went through?
        I could give it a shot and see if someone could put me through to sales...

Comment

303-457-1234

I am somewhat embarrased to say that I choose the sales option and a real-live person answered, and (hanging head sheepishly) I hung up.

Comment

Thanks! I got through to Diane...here's what she says....XT 5 year warranty is non-transferable, have to buy extended warranty for $100 month 1st year, includes roller kit and tech visit, 2nd year $80 per month.
            Amaya OS transfer, no charge
            Design Shop 9 registration fee, $600.00 if they want to get any tech support or help.
            They are going to email the information to me so I have it printed out for potential negotiation.
            Now I just have to talk to the other shop and see if he is seriously interested in buying me out!
            On-line used (foreclosed) units I looked up were $10k and not too many of them...no idea what Melco charges for a new one-forgot to ask. I think what will help is including all my customer files so he has 'ready to go' potential reorder sales. Hate to give it up but something has to go!

Comment

If you are including your customer files--you are selling much more than a machine...you are selling a business!

Comment

Yeah, it is selling off part of the business...but then he just has to wait me out and pick up the customers after I shut down for free! I'm hoping to sell it reasonably, with files AND then be available to work for him as needed to do the digitizing and run it and train him to run it...make back some more money. There aren't really any big money accounts-just a couple that reorder each year but even those only run about $500 per order. Rest of it is all non-profit groups, small run orders (less than a dozen) etc.-we have never had the Amaya running as a full time business on it's own!

Comment

Signman, you have helped me countless times, so I want to help you. I'm so sorry that your health is bad!!! If you wish to sell your "machine," as a "machine" you will find countless ones for sale on digitsmith.com--and they aren't selling. With the figures Melco gave you, you can see that people will be paying over $4,000 for just the warranty coverage for the four years left that YOU would have included. The registration for the DS is CHEAP--but some people may not need it. So, just stress that you are selling a BUSINESS, not a machine.

Comment

Hi Roland,

I'm wishing you a full recovery. Maybe by taking away part of the business you will have less stress and will speed your recovery.

Take care of yourself.

Regards,
                    Maggie

Magalis Designs

Comment

Hi Roland,

I too am wishing you a speedy recovery. Thank you for all your great advice. I hope that you will be able keep in touch with your "amayausers" friends from time to time after you are able to sell your business.

Cheers,
                      Ed "Kanga" Roux

Comment

Roland, so sorry you are suffering with your health. It may not be too long before I have to consider the same sale of my business. I'll be 73 soon and memory and stamina are running short. I am selling my heat press and hat press and Roland GX-24 because I don't use them. Think my competition will buy.
                        Best of luck on your sale and getting to keep your hand in a little. Your knowledge should'nt be wasted.
                        Jo
                        Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                        X