Email from UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from UPS

Just thought I would pass this on, our shop received an email yesterday supposedly from UPS, which we are a customer, it said to pick up your "e package" click on this link. Also that the package expired on October 21st. Well before we did anything further we called our local UPS hub, they informed us it was a spam email and not to click on anything, to delete it. No telling what spyware or virus it would have put on our computer. Just thought I would pass that along to any of you who are customers of UPS. I know its a real pain when one of these screws up your computer.

Linda
    R&J Screenprinting & Embroidery

This is a known virus that usually is a ZIP extention on it. They have used several shipping companies over the years, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Airborne, etc.
    Just delete it and never open such files.
    Another one that is making rounds is an email claiming to be from the IRS about tax returns, just delete it without opening it.

Comment

I get about a half dozen a day in my spam filter from DHL...

Comment

What if you get one reading,,,

"Notification from the FBI regarding your Inheritance, Delivered UPS,Routed through the Nigerian counslate,by way of Bank of America"

Ya think thats legit?
        Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

I got one the other day from UPS that my account 'was about to expire'. Always the sketpic, I didn't click on any of the links provided in the email. I meant to phone UPS to check on authenticity but got sidetracked.

Comment

One way to help on this subject,
            is to look at wha tthe e-mail says in its opening line, if it says "Dear Customer" or something other than your name or official username it is a blanket scam, just hoping you'll use there link and try to log in , then they have your info.
            and NEVER use there log-in link to check!
            always type it in yourself from another browser window. anyone that is trying to get in touch with you should have all the info they need like your first and last name, and remember if you use your name in your e-mail address its easy to call you by your name as well.

Just beware!
            Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Speaking of SPAM, I have noticed lately, that I've been getting emails that look like they are just a normal email from one person to another, but the sender sent it to me "on accident." I did open the email and read it; it seemed like a normal conversation between two people but the email contained a link. I didn't click on the link but typed the URL into my web browser to see what the website was. It's one of those Cheap Canadian Pharmaceuticals websites. It seems like an easy way to get people to click on a viral link though. Make people think the email got sent to the wrong address and the receiver gets nosey so they read it and then click the link. Anyway, just thought I'd let ya know in case you get any emails like that.
              Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

My spam filter now is filling up with an average of 125 or more PER DAY of these 'forwarded' messages, or crazy words like a drunken poet...just to bypass your spam settings. A lot of them are 'from' my own address...so don't open any mail that has YOUR own address for return!
                Being on a Mac it doesn't do anything anyways, but you don't want to even 'forward' a lot of those stupid, false 'sick kid dying needs mail' garbage things making the rounds this time of year. It's just a spam...or the 'this works for me you will get real results' pyramid scheme (take off the first address, send them a recipe, add your name, blah blah blah' because buried in there is an address 'harvest' virus.

Comment

I run my own mail server so over the past year, I have blocked all IP addresses that do not originate in the United States. I have gone from about 50 spam emails per day to about 3 per day.

Comment

The thing about the email I got was it was from a hotmail account, it wasn't a forwarded message, and just sounded like a normal conversation, but I still wasn't about to click on the link. I know I won't be affected by any viruses, but knowing most everyone I know uses PC's I don't want to accidentally pass something on without knowing. Computers are so fragile, I wonder how the world would react if one day.....they just stopped working :-P
                    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Talk about SPAM.. A couple months ago I had gotten a really strange email from "YAHOO" saying that they were updating profiles that were not being used very often and wanting to advise that they could be deleted for inactivity.

This by the way was my business email, which I am on daily... I thought it was odd and did not respond, got a second email marked "URGENT" stating that my account would be deleted, that I needed to verify username, passsword, ect.

A couple days later, I was gettiing ready to go home and closeing out of things on my computer. I accidentaly closed out of my email, so I opened it back up, it oddly asked me for my password, I put it in and it said it was incorrect. I tried again, thinking I had entered it wrong, still no use. I didn't worry about it, deceided I was just do it in teh morning. Well, I went home and checked my personal email.
                      There was an email from my work, I don't rememebr what the subject line said, but if it had come from anywhere else, I would have jsut deleted it, but since it was from work and I knew I didn't send it, and my coworker does little to no emailing... I opened it.

It was a request for money form ME statign I was trapped in another counrty, with no money and no place to stay, that I was living on the street and had not eaten in a couple days!! I was just finished reading it when I received a call from a friend, who also received the email... she too only opened it because of where it was from.
                      By the next morning I had 3 calls at my home, 2-3 on my cell and numerous emails wondering what was going on???

I had to ask for my password, and luckily was able to retreive it. Someone had changed the password and the alternate email. They sent this bougus letter out to over 200 contacts in our address book. I sent out a second email, stating that I was indeed safe and sound in our little Nebraska town and to NOT send money as was being requested!! It was crazy!! The new alt email was a gmail account, so I set one up myself and sent a note to the addy, stating NICE TRY! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It was so odd... I still had ppl asking how I got home... Im guessing they didn't get teh second email!

Comment

Working...
                      X