design registration issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• design registration issues

I have a design of a parrot running on pique knit polos. On the first several shirts all is good, but now the black outline (which is around the whole design and details the wing & tail feathers)is not sewing correctly. Only the area of the top of parrots head is not registering. The red of his head sews beyond the black outline, rest of outline is good. I went in the design and adjusted pull/comp but not helping. Outline sews last, my own newbie digitizing. Design shows overlap.
    Appreciate any and all advice!
    Thanks,
    Tricia
    Sharp Threads
    Almont, MI

I'm guessing it's probably because of the pique knit fabric you're sewing it on. If the fabric isn't hooped tightly and smoothly, it will shift and make things go off register. Sometimes I have tried using sticky backing to keep the pique from moving too much and it worked pretty well. Also, use cutaway...
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Definitely use a cutaway
      Cutaways have longer fibers enabling the threads to bevcme more easily entangled w the long polyester (for softnesss)fibers of the cutaway much more easily than w the short celulosic fibers of a tearaway leading to better definition or tighter registration
      The no show duiagonal mesh mesh is probably the best answer
      The mesh is also made in a low melt fusible version to avoid any slippage in the hoop
      If you would like samples
      Pls just e-mail me off list direct

Fred
      Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

You said "but now"- that makes me wonder what changed. Did you change settings, backing-topping- anything? That's what I always look for when something changes abruptly or suddenly- what changed? If you didn't change anything maybe it's a mechanical problem- just a thought...
        Gregory

Comment

Nope, sorry...probably not a mechanical problem in this case.

Just changing pull comp in a fill or column will not always work. Pull comp used in a fill will only adjust in the direction of the stitch and may not give you the exact adjustment you need.

The push and/or pull of the fabric being sewn is usually the culprit. Designs are normally adjusted to sew well on a given fabic. A good digitizer should always ask what fabic this will be sewn on and then test the design on a simular fabic before it is sent to their customer. Unfortunately, there are digitizers out there, that do not even own a machine, so cannot verify a given design creation. Creating a design stitch file is one thing, getting it to sew well is entirely another.

Normally, when adjusting a fill, because it appears that the "outline" is moving away from it, the fill wireframe points are moved to adjust for the problem area. The outline is not the problem, it is not moving away from the fill, the fill is moving, call it push and/or pull or shrink and/or stretch or whatever, but the outline tends to say put, as far as the registration goes.

The speed of the machine, the higher the speed the more probablility of pull. The longer the stitch, same thing....lots of reasons for these registration issues to suddenly pop up and the need to adjust for them.

I will make a change for a given fabric/design and then save this design as a different file name, identifying the type, style, brand, etc, for the fabric so I don't have to keep re-inventing the wheel over and over. This also allows you to keep the "original" design in it's original form, which is important...

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X