stitching backs of caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stitching backs of caps

can anyone share the best frame and method for stitching the backs of caps.
    I have the regular frame that comes with the amaya xt and the conventional cap frame.
    Also Iam struggling with pricing according to stitch count what is a good reasonable price range to calculate.
    thanks in advance
    Charlotte
    charlotte

I use the Melco micro clamp. But it doesn't give you a lot of space to work with Only around 3" in width. I've also used the fast frames. Worst case scenario, use can use a regular hoop and use spray adhesive to stick it to backing (make backing oversize) then you hoop half the hat and the other half the backing so you can sew close to the bottom edge.

Comment

I use the WACF for the back of my hats. I have used it to sew on the bottom of fitted caps and over the arch on adjustable caps. Just hoop the hat backwards, using the same amount of cap backing, approx 15" long strip, to hold it tight. Make sure the cap is straight, tuck the sides of the bill under the bottom posts on the hoop, and clamp tightly to hold secure. You have to remove the black tray on your XT to allow enough room for the hat bill to move freely while sewing. I have always had good results with this method.

Hope this helps

Cindy
      Impressive Threads
      Sunny Phoenix, AZ

Comment

I use 12cm round hoop for cap backs and can get about 3" wide lettering on them. If it needs to be wider you can use the 15cm but its harder to hoop. No backing and hoop the cap half in and half out. No backing hooped. Usually don't use backing at all but if needed I slide in some tearaway scraps.

Flexfits I use the hat back attachment for my ITCS-1 Hoopteck clamping system.
        Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

thank you so much for all the information.
          Charlotte
          charlotte

Comment

Working...
          X