This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidity

About 6 months ago I got a hygrometer (humidty gauge) at Wally World for about $7.00. I have been charting the humidty in my operations area since then and have come up with some results.
    The highest I have seen has been 47% and the lowest is 35%. At 38% I begin to see unexplained thread issues. Breaks and shredding become more prevelant. Bring the humidity up to 40% or above and things go back to running fine. Food for thought.
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

So what would everyone suggest as a general rule regarding humidity levels in the work area?

Would you suggest that humidity levels above 40% result in generally better performance of materials and equipment?

I am on the verge of purchasing two Amaya XT's to get started.....so I'm sitting here on this board like a sponge!

Mike & Lyndell
    TOUCAN EMBROIDERY

Comment

If you are using poly thread humidity should not have any effect on it. I tried using a humidifier to see if it made a difference and I can't say it did. A friend of mine is a certified cleaner and has to know the properties of different materials and he claims polyester can get wet but does not absorb water so it shouldn't be affected by humidity. My brother-in-law has been in the fabric industry for over 30 years and he told me the same thing. The only thing a humidifier will do is to help eliminate static electricity.
      Russell Silva<br />R. S. Embroidery<br />Certified Amaya Technician & Trainer<br />Attleboro, Ma<br />508-222-4433

Comment

Working...
      X