This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing? Nylon Fleece Lined Jacket

I'm ready to sew full jacket back design on SanMar Men's Nylon/Fleece lined jackets and positive what backing to use. Looking at the books etc, it says Tearaway for nylon, but cutaway for fleece. I'm thinking because of the lining I should use Cut-Away. Is this correct? I have 16 jackets to do and really don't want to mess any of them up.

Sue Schroeder

Thank you to the users that responsed. I did use cutaway and it worked well.
    Sue Schroeder

Comment

You will,usually, get better registration w a cutaway than a tearaway as cutaways have longer fibers (polyester = softness) of the cutaway -
      A cutaway must be soft and drapable

The fibers can become far more easily and tightly entrangled w the threads = better definition = better registration.

Depending on your stitch count and density you should strive to use one layer of the correct weight between 2-3 ozs
      of a dense soft, non directional "wet- laid" non woven cutaway - made by Ed Hart

We will gladly explain this to any of you in person - on this list - that are going to the Long Beach ISS Jan 19th
      We hope to meet some of you there.

Sincerely
      Fred
      Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Working...
      X