Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Breaks at start

PLEASE HELP!
    Last night I finished sewing out a 52000 stitch design with no problems. This morning I tried to sew same design out and the machine stitches about 4 to 6 stitches, moves about 3 inches (when it shouldn't) and then thread breaks. I have checked everything I can think of and tried several different designs and the same thing happens.
    Does anyone have an idea what is causing this. Any techs out there that could offer assistance please. I know Melco is closed til after the 1st and I need help now.

I appreciate any help.
    Sue Schroeder

I failed to mention in this note that I also bought a new computer today and installed OS and DS on it and am still having the same problem.

Also the thread is not broken nor is the bobbin.

Sue
    Schroeder

Comment

Sue,
      Is "Force Download" checked on or off? Check this by going into "Tools"--"Options"---"Ethernet", and look for a small check box that has "Force Download" beside it. Make sure this box is checked. Then closeout OS, turn the machine off and then open OS and turn on the machine again for it to do a force download. Let's see if this helps as the first step......

Rod Springer
      Cert.Melco Tech & trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, yes force download is checked.
        Sue

Comment

Rod & Sharon,
          Sorry, I checked and force download was not checked. So I checked it. Now is sews 78 stitches and then says it has a bobbin break, but it doesn't. I check everything and even oiled the hook. Did maintenance on everything except the feed rollers and the 100,000,000 maintenace today but then cleaned out the rotary hook so thought maybe it didn't have enough oil. That didn't help either. After re-checking everything, hit the start button again, and it goes about another 78 stitches and does the same thing.
          Sue

Comment

Sue,
            Then give this a try and see if it helps....I have just copied and pasted a past response from an earlier simular problem.....see if this will help.
            John - Melco service reached out to me and told me I needed to delete the "Stats" file in the C:\Program Files\Melco Embroidery Systems\AMAYA\System directory. Somehow it became corrupted. That did the trick. Thanks to everyone who offered assistance on this. I post the solution in case it happens to others.

Just saw your other post.... a false bobbin or thread break is usually a material thickness issue. It can also be caused by the bobbin tension not being tight enough...make sure the bobbin case spring is clean and tighten up the tension just a bit more...also run the presser foot down to where it is compressing the material some to prevent any flagging.....

Rod Springer
            Melco Tech...

Comment

Rod,
              Thank you, thank you, thank you! Before I got this last note from you I shut everything down 2 more times and I noticed when I opened OS again it had the actif-feed at 10pts and on Standard. So I swithced it to Auto and started it again. The acti-feed should be around 3 pts. It's running like a dream again and the acti-feed on auto is ranging between 2 and 5. Any ideas on how that acti-feed could have changed?
              Sue

Comment

Sue,
                Perhaps standard feed is a default setting when you reloaded the OS.
                I didn't know the answer to your original problem, but I really appreciate these posts. I hope it never happens to me, but I'm getting ready to add a 2nd Amaya, so I will be updating the OS. This is a good thing for me to remember to check.
                Mary
                Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Sue,
                  I believe when the OS is initially installed, and then turned on, the machine will be in the "Standard" mode. From that point on it pretty much will stay in the last position selected even if the machine is shut down, and OS closed out and reopened.

I have an XT and an older Amaya, I just shut them down several times to watch and I did notice that the XT would always load, even tho I had shut it down in the "Auto" mode, to the "Standard" mode momentarily and then immediately go to the "Auto" mode, which was the one I had selected last.

There may be times when "Auto" just doesn't seem to work well on some garments, something very thin, like a thin "T" shirt for example...going to "Standard" and setting a constant MT will work a lot better. "Auto-actifeed" is not a fail-safe, it works well, especially with the newer software, 7.00.xxxx series, but it is not fool proof.

This system works from static electrical spikes generated from the thread running around the thread break sensor bar/tube. When the takeup lever goes to to the top of it's stroke, it pulls the thread up tight on the thread break sensor. If the material gets thicker, as on the center seam of a cap, the computer will sense a change in the electrical spikes and feed more thread...there is much more to this system than this, but it kind of gives you an idea of how it basicly works..... two things that will greatly affect the "Auto-actifeed" is presser foot heith being too high and bobbin tension being too loose....if the thread break sensor cannot get a good reading on the thread because it is in a loose condition from flagging or the bobbin thread is loose, then it will not be reading the electrical spike changes efficiently enough to work properly.....

While you are in "Auto", you will notice that when it starts stitching, the material thickness display will immediately jump to "10" and then drop to whatever thickness it senses the material to be. This is normal. It allows for a bit of extra thread to be rolled out to help in the tie-in procedure and allows the hook to catch the thread easier...

With all the "bells & whistles" we have, also comes this thing called a "learning curve". We all learn to watch and check and check and check.........I recently had a client that needed a tech visit, and when I got there was informed that the Amaya absolutely would not sew on needles 5,6,14 and 15. I grabbed the trusty little lighted magnifying glass and immediately found this problem, the needles were in backwards...sometimes it can be the simplest things....
                  Rod Springer
                  Cert. Melco Tech & Trainer

Comment

Working...
                  X