Did I mention that these are $200 jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I mention that these are $200 jackets

Judy, were your ears burning the other night? After reading about your recent rash of bad luck, I was hard at work on one of my customers who brings in about 4 to six jackets a week. These are $200 jackets each,,,very high quality. About 3 months ago, I created a embroidered church front for him with the name of the church arched at the top. Stunning...stained glass, cherubs and brick tectured look. The congration love it, so he takes the orders bring me the jackets and away we go. (did I mention these are $200 jackets?)

Only problem I run into is they are not always the same style. Some have a smooth front, some have seams, some have a pocket on each side of the inside. In the later case customer chooses which side,,,or which pocket they want sewn closed.

Of course with all the seams, there will be some (and sometimes to many) thread and bobbin breaks. (Did I mention these are $200 jackets).
    so there I was right in the middle of a jacket when all of a sudden blip,,,z error---needle stuck in the down position....machine shuts itself down! Dang what am I supposed to do? (again did I mention these are $200 dollar jackets?). Tried shutting down and turning back on machine and software....arrrrggghhhh...still stuck in the down position. after a couple more attempts, whew,,,needle goes to top,,hoop advances forward and POP,the jacket is now out of the hoop. Hmmmm now what?

Turns out the lining of the jacket, (did I mention these cost $200 dollars,,,i just cant seem to say that enough!) got sucked into the hook and bobbin assembly. Ok now what was once a waterfall of sweat from my brow is now just beads. I carefully disassembled the bobbin arm and carefully un-entwined the linning (man was it really stuck). The ghost of christmas rush present smilled down on me and can it be really true,,,no damage. Wheeewwwwww!!!

But I got to tell ya,,,the whole time I was thinking JUDY, JUDY, JUDY! so for now another jacket (yeppers $200 smackers) went to another happy customer.

And thats how it was December 19TH, 2006.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, and a Happy, Safe and Prosperous NEW YEAR!

Embroidery Works By Ralph

Oh, but my ears NEVER burn when I'm on vacation. Ah, days off. What a strange sensation...!!

On the uphill side, my bookkeeping is all done, Denver is snowed in so they aren't shipping just yet (I got a call from Haven, my sales rep, and Melco sent all of their employees home early yesterday. All I could think of was, what a great company -- they actually CARE about their employees!), my work areas are clean and organized, my thread is all in it's little wraps and sorted in the right storage drawers, inventoried along the way and reordered...

GREAT job on the recovery! So glad you were able to pull that $3.00 lining out of the hook. How much did you say that jacket was again...??

ANYWAY, Christmas rush is almost over for the rest of ya'll, and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year. I'm sure I'll be here often with questions about the new auto tensioning and other new features on the XT. I'm gonna miss Big Red, but she just doesn't like it here and wants to go back to see her friends.

Merry Christmas!
    Judy -- Judy's Stuff Custom Embroidery and Sewing

Comment

Working...
    X