lawn chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawn chairs

I bought a couple bag chairs from Toppers; the kind that collapse like a tent, since the back are embroidable. I thought there must be a pocket at the top so the underside of the design would not show, but thats not the case. Has anyone embroidered on the backs of these chairs in such a way that the underside of the design doesn't show on the other side of the chair back? THANKS!!! Debbie
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Debbie,

Ive been wanting to embroider this type of chair also. my best guess would be to go to a fabric store and buy some canvas of the same type and color and create a "pocket" and sew it on after the embroidery. Let me know if you come up with any better choices.

Embroidery Works by Ralph

Comment

somebody had this problem early this year or last year...and did by canvas to match, after sewing the main design, I can't remember if they slide a piece underneath the backing and sewed an 'outline' to tack it down, or sewed it by hand from the back-using a thread color that matched the canvas.
      If you do it by sliding a piece underneath, it has to be oversize-and then you can cut it to the thread line. But it probably is easier to rehoop as long as you line it up (flip the outline over) and use the laser to line it up right.

Comment

Hey Ralph.
        If I can find the same weight and color of fabric then thats what I will probably do. Signman, if I put a piece of the same type fabric under the backing, sort of like a sandwich, fabric, backing, fabric, won't the underside of the design still show through, just on the extra piece of fabric instead of the backing. Forgive me, butI am trying to picture this, but having a little trouble. Debbie
        Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

Working...
        X