Shirts bunching up while sewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirts bunching up while sewing

Hello everyone. New here. Have been using my Amaya for about 6 months now and for the most part its great. I am doing some polos that are 100% polyester but the fabric more resembles spandex. I've tried hooping the material while stretching it tight and hooping it like I would with a tshirt. The results are awful either way. It's pulling the fabric and bunching up the design.
    Help!
    Any advice?

Thanks,
    Chris

try heavier backing.
    i use 2 pieces of 3 oz.

Comment

Fabric that stetches is the worst stuff to embroider. I don't sell it. PERIOD! Since you taking on the job, my suggestion is DO NOT stretch the material or it will curl up like a potato chip once it is washed. Make sure your design has the proper underlay and smooth out any excess material once you do hoop it. I think 2 pieces of heavyweight 3oz. cutaway will uncomfortable for the person wearing it. One piece of 3oz. or 2 pieces of 2oz. should do it. If it needs to be thick, try one piece heavyweight 3oz. and one piece tearaway.

Comment

I tried doubling up on the backing and using spray adhesive, No luck. I tried taping up my hoop so it's not slick, no luck. Any other suggestions? There's GOT to be a solution here. The Adidas logo is stitched on the opposite side of the garment and it looks pristine! How come they can do it and we can't?

Comment

Stretchy stuff is my personal enemy. I loathe it. I iron on a layer of cut away first. This gets the fabric flat and non stretchy. Then I hoop it with a layer of cutaway, 3 ounce. I then pin all of it together once it is hooped. This helps to hold the stretchy to the cutaway backing. I have also been known to run a basting stitch around it all before I get started, which I actually prefer...much faster. Just set it up in your design to do a walking stitch around the inside of the hoop. Be certain to use nothing larger than a #11 ball point needle. Check your bobbin tension. And don't forget to tell Amaya you think she does great work.....!!

Comment

Working...
          X