Size % to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size % to order

Hi I have a customer that wants to order 100 T's in assorted sizes. Does anyone have a good ratio of how man S-2XL to order???
    Thanks Jack
    Jack & Gretchen Peckham<br />Greyt Threads Embroidery<br />Idyllhounds, Recycling to Rescue Racers<br />Greyhound Rescue

First you have to find out what he needs them for...a kids group, school group, business group, team, etc.
    If a kids or school group-what's the age bracket? Younger kids-you beef up the smaller sizes, young teenage and up, bigger stuff.
    Adult group- young adults (under 30) has one range, over 40's, 50's-you get the middle age spread--need more of the large stuff.
    My 'normal' range for high school and businesses,
    no small-medium is close enough.
    15 M, 35 L, 35 XL, 15 XXL
    most of the time, for 'giveaways'- if they are going to have some kids (employee picnic, for example)
    5 S, 10 M, 35 L, 40 XL, 10 XXL.
    tell the client-you can ALWAYS wear a larger shirt, you will NEVER wear a smaller shirt. Fewer 'sizes' to choose from-less unwanted shirts!
    And if shirts are left on a table for people to 'grab' OR if they have a 'choice' of shirts-they will ALWAYS grab the LARGEST one they get their hands on. 12 year old kids- will grab an XL...not a medium...
    If they are going to hand these out to a select group-I tell them 'line them up against a wall by height, and start at the TALL end handing them out....LOL but it WORKS.

Comment

More info... for straight out giveaways (open house, radio station remote broadcast, etc.) we started our teeshirt screening doing all the shirts for one station-paid for equipment, supplies, etc.
      Every week they gave away a couple hundred shirts.
      Large and extra large only...nothing else!
      40 large to 60 extralarge.
      Carshows, etc. we've done-same thing. Forget the other sizes...unless they need small shirts for 'some' kids. (see my first note).
      If they are going to SELL the shirts...is the design aimed at kids or adults and what age bracket? That determines your market 'size' range.
      If this will result in 'repeat' orders, OR if you have it spread over a week and it is a 'stock' color (white, black, ash) like a county fair-I"ve done half the shirts they think they want-and we talk on monday, after the first weekend-and figure out the size scale for the second half from what sold the first weekend. That way, less waste. Less waste, happy customer, see them again next year.
      Too many left over-they ordered the wrong sizes, guess who they blame. No matter what -YOU get the blame and next year they go to the competition. So do the best you can to figure out what they really need!

Comment

It's for a fund raiser to replace a monument in our town. the range is going to be everyone...
        Jack & Gretchen Peckham<br />Greyt Threads Embroidery<br />Idyllhounds, Recycling to Rescue Racers<br />Greyhound Rescue

Comment

Working...
        X