Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy, crisp tearaway

Hi,
    Any recommendation for a heavy, crisp tearaway? I can't seem to find a good one.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    Hidden Cottage

What are you trying to do? When I need more support than is usually supplied by my tear-away, I use Supersoft tear-away. It's a mid-weight, soft backing that has long polyester fibers that are a bit harder to tear but have very good directional stability. Here's a link with a description:

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
      What are you trying to do? When I need more support than is usually supplied by my tear-away, I use Supersoft tear-away. It's a mid-weight, soft backing that has long polyester fibers that are a bit harder to tear but have very good directional stability. Here's a link with a description:
      http://www.americanembsupply.com/pro...ll-pid925.html
      I do lots of different things, but like heavy tear away for vintage wedding hankies, do lots of fleece blankets. I also have a blanket stitch machine, do 2 layer blankets, school, collage, colors. I don't like tear way the leaves fuzzy edges.
      Hidden Cottage

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden Cottage View Post
        I do lots of different things, but like heavy tear away for vintage wedding hankies, do lots of fleece blankets. I also have a blanket stitch machine, do 2 layer blankets, school, collage, colors. I don't like tear way the leaves fuzzy edges.
        Have been doing a lot of flour sack dish towels too, Redwork, need crisp tearaway.
        Hidden Cottage

Comment

Supersoft does tend leave a bit of fuzz at the edges. American Embroidery Supply is conscientious about carrying high quality products; plus they give AmayaUser members a 10% discount. Their tearaways range from 1oz. to 4oz. I've only used their 1.5oz. and am happy with it. If nobody has another recommendation, I'm sure they would send samples. They also will cut rolls to custom sizes for a very small surcharge.

Comment

I use a tearaway I get from ENmart.com I have been very happy. I to have had a hard time finding a firm tearaway. Using a soft tearaway is senseless to me.
            The only reason I have to use a tearaway is to add temporary firmness and stability.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Sometimes Supersoft tearaway, which has very, good stability, works well if I don't want as much stiffness in the final product as results from a heavy, crisp tearaway (eg. very high stitch count on a soft fabric) . I also like it for hooping in very large hoops when I don't want to use cutaway; it's easier to get drum-tightness without the tearing that often happens with crisp tearaway. It acts like a "firm tearaway".

Comment

Thanks for the info, but the link you sent takes me to Walmart....don't think that's where you wanted to send me for tearaway....
                Hidden Cottage

Comment

If your talking about ENmart

[email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

American Embroidery Supply also has crisp tearaway. I always call and ask for the crisp because I never remember the item number.

Comment

Working...
                    X