scissors/clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scissors/clippers

Does anyone have a favorite pair of scissors or clippers for cutting tiny connecting threads without leaving a little fuzzy tail? I've tried several, but they all get dull so fast and I'd like something that can be sharpened.

Believe it or not I've been using the same little tiny scissors for the past 7...yes 7 years!!! And without sharpening!!! I have 3 pair one at each station. They came from Walmart and have a slightly curved titanium blade, grey handle with yellow/orange inside. 2 of them don't have a name but one says Westcott #55062. Great trimming scissors.

Have a GREAT day!

Comment

Here's a link

Comment

I have been using 4" Titanium Curved Embroidery Scissors Item# 13865 from http://www.shopscissors.com. They are the best.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'll try the Westbrook; they seem to be the same as the ones at shopscissors. I've tried the Havel Snip-Eze - very convenient but one trip to the floor and it's bye,bye tip alignment.

Sharon, we're buried under work and snow. Glad to have the first and prefer the second to rain. Need any more peacock feathers?

Comment

This is Norma, I'm pretty new on this forum,, was wondering about your peacock feathers.. I Have Been looking for some.I have a blue and gold Macaw .do you sell the feathers?
            Thanks
            My e mail is [email protected]

Comment

I have been using ICE stainless. They have blue handles. I have used them for about ten years. They last about a year or two. Once I cut thread and it is frayed I discard them to the trash. Akerman has them and I think All Stitch, about $7.00 each.

Comment

Frayed thread is not a sign of your scissors needing replaced but is a sign that the humidity is low in your sewing room. This will also cause more thread breaks.
                Sharon
                Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
                X