Sweatshop Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweatshop Free

I have a customer who wants to be sure that no sweatshop labor was used in the production of the garments. Aside from American Apparel do you know any manufacturers that fit the criteria?
    David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Bayside USA is American made. San Mar has a message on the inside of their catelog that states "our brands are participating member with the Fair Labor Association, a non-profit or dedicated to promoting international labor standards and improving working conditions worldwide. They have a big list of suppliers. He may not be excited about American Apparel if he knew the background of the CEO. Has been charged several times with sexual crimes but has managed to get out of jail time. Lots of payoffs. You can get several news stories off the net about him.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I've been screenprinting etc. for over 30 years...and want to warn you-just because a label says 'Made in USA' does NOT MEAN IT WAS! The US is stil in control of hundreds of 'island countries' around the globe-not just Puerto Rico and Guam, for example. Many of the BIG NAME companies (Hanes, Jerzee, Anvil, etc.) have factories on these 'islands' but because they are 'legal' US territories, they can LEGALLY label their goods 'Made in USA'. Still underpaid underprivileged labor-and yes, child labor is legal in a lot of these places...and if you research enough about this-you find out that every couple of years the workers will ask for higher pay-and the company just pulls the equipment out and moves to another island! It also explains the inconsistency in product-we got shipments of white shirts once-every 'size' case from a different factory-and each one a different 'shade' of white! And neck sizes-XXL shirts with the same neck size as Large!
      So if your client wants REAL made in the USA-do some research. I know Tenessee River (if still around) is one, Platinum was another.
      ROland

Comment

Working...
      X