Biker Name Rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biker Name Rockers

I am looking for the velveteen-like material that motorcyclists like to use to make the "rockers" for names on the back of their vests. It is not like the applique felt samples I have seen, a much smoother velvet-like appearance. The names and a border are embroidered, and then coated with a plastic on the back side, then heat sealed to prevent stitches from pulling out. Could you help me out with the velvet material, the plastic sealer and their source?

TIA
    Dave
    David Kohler<br />Integrity Embroidery<br />7942 Mainland Drive, Ste 101<br />San Antonio, TX 78250<br />210-232-2351 cell

I don't know about the velveteen panel, check your local fabric outlet store...but the backing sounds like the 'heat seal glue' from Stahls. Comes in a roll , you cut to the shape of the patch or whatever and I think heat it for 3 seconds to set it down. Then peel off the backing, put the patch where it goes, and give it a full heat and pressure application to stick it in place.
    All the biker vests I've seen still have the rocker sewn on-iron on patch just doesn't really hold up!
    Just an outline zigzag hold down would do it.
    Hollar for Mary (Hunny's Boutique) I think she is really doing a lot of this stuff.
    Roland

Comment

dave, i think you can order these and just embroider on them. Unless you just want to make them yourself.

Carolyn
      You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Comment

I have an Ioline 300, so not afraid of cutting my own. In fact, the client wants one that is double height to hold two lines of name data, so I almost have to do the rocker myself. From the two samples I have (my own rockers), it looks like the sealant covering is just one glue side; there is not an outside glue layer. The rocker patch is definitely sewn onto the jacket, not thermal pressed.

TIA,
        Dave
        David Kohler<br />Integrity Embroidery<br />7942 Mainland Drive, Ste 101<br />San Antonio, TX 78250<br />210-232-2351 cell

Comment

Working...
        X