UPIC number - $300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPIC number - $300?

I called PPAI on Friday to apply for a UPIC number. I was told I could only qualify as a provisional member and it would be $300 the first year, and I could send in 3 invoices, then as I bought from more members, I could be a regular member the next year for less.
    I regularly use Sanmar, Bodek and Rhodes, Pure Country, Melco, Dakota and Otto Cap, plus numerous smaller companies like AllStitch and Embroidery Library.
    The person I talked to said only Sanmar, B&R, and Pure Country qualified.
    Has anyone else run into this? It's getting costly to keep joining associations. I know in the long run it will be worth it, but money just keeps flowing out...

We paid nothing - and called UPIC Direct. It's joining PPAI that costs the $300.

We called the 1-888-884-UPIC number and I told the person I was a commercial embroidery company that wanted to obtain a UPIC number. They faxed me the approprite forms and I sent back invoices from Sanmar, Virginia T's and Melco I believe.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks - evidently I asked for the wrong thing. I will try this today.

Comment

As John says, getting a UPIC number is FREE>FREE>FREE...it's joining the other groups that cost. I gave up my ASI membership 10 years ago and don't regret it. Just having a UPIC number got me into several associated 'agencies' (Promoflash, promoweb, etc.) and all I pay is about $85 once a year if I want to get inundated with 4,000 catalogs in 3 months and usually 1 or 2 a day the rest of the year from every specialty company you can think of. Along with that, web research engines, etc.....all for FREE. If you don't want to get all the catalogs you don't have to order them-you'll still get tons of info and the free daily and weekly email specials from suppliers. Why pay for someone else to do the same for you?

Roland

Comment

I finally got my UPIC number. I took me all this time to get my invoices together and finish the 1 page application. Very easy! I got the number in a few days. I'm the slow factor in the equation.
          Now I am asking for some more help (of course!) - can you recommend reliable suppliers?
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X