Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best for Port Authority

Hi All,

What is the best source for Port Authority clothing? I have the biggest order yet from a customer, but part of the order includes Port Authority Blouse L508.

Thanks!!
    Jim
    Jim W.

Port Authority is the in-house brand from SanMar.
    Good luck with the order!
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

Thanks. I found them at SanMar, but the price for this Polo is $19.50 or so. The margin is pretty low on it so I was hoping for a lower price for the L508.

Thanks,
      Jim
      Jim W.

Comment

Just and FYI,
        Sanmar has a $3.95 fee for ordering online, but usually if you order over the phone they don't charge it. Doesn't make a big difference if you are order a substantial quantitity, but I found out the hard way and last week paid more for shipping than for a polo shirt.
        Just something to keep in mind!

Comment

Not knowing the sizes or colors your looking for but it seems like blankshirts.com might be worth looking at.

Never ordered from them, just keep them on a list of places to check pricing against.

Barry

Comment

SanMar's $3.95 fee is waived if you call after placing the order on line and ask to have it shipped on YOUR ups number; if you order over the phone you will not receive case pricing if you normally get their case prices.
            This is a work-around their own sales rep told me about last year and it's worked each time for me. Yes, it does mean an extra phone call, but the call never costs the $3.95 I'm saving in handling fees!
            Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

Port Authority is Sanmar's 'house' brand-you cannot buy it anywhere else.
              Last time I checked-they DISCOUNT for web orders, the fee is per invoice or something-just to make a buck packing your order.
              I do get my case pricing over the phone or on the web-if you aren't, call their customer service and get your account straightened out!
              Free freight is for over $200 combined, except 'sale items' and white teeshirts.

Comment

Here's something to check on...if you ask Sanmar to use YOUR UPS number-are they going to sneak in a service charge? I believe they did that to me so I stopped it-other companies do it also and hope you don't notice.
                A comment on the 'low margin' you mentioned...unless it is a big volume order, you should at LEAST make double the cost of the shirt-no matter what! Then additional for the embroidery on top of that. If your margin/markup/profit is small enough you worry about the cost of the item then you aren't making enough profit...fact of life-you need to get the profit or don't do the job!

Comment

SanMar DOES eliminate the $3.95 if putting a box on MY ups shipper number. They do it all the time for me without fail.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Just to get a quick sample, I ordered from www.outletshirts.com for $14.99. I'm waiting for the SanMar account to go through. However just out of curiosity, does SanMar offer the L508 for lower than $14.99?
                    thanks,
                    Jim
                    Jim W.

Comment

L508 is $9.99 for S-XL. Larger sizes are more.

LuAnn
                      LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

If you hadn't figured it out yet, whatever website you looked in to see the price of $19+
                        was double of the standard case price.
                        San Mar is a great company that is usually
                        very competitive on price, but better off they are one of the best out there in customer service and order packing, and keep a great stock on hand, so very seldom are they out of anything, well at least compared to some like Alpha, or Bodek & Rhodes or Broder.

Ron
                        Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

I got curious so I called Sanmar this morning to double check.
                          When you go to the Sanmar website, the prices you see are SUGGESTED RETAIL, not your cost! This protects you from customers finding out your cost.
                          The actual cost (case price) of the L508 is $9.99-
                          much better than outletshirts.com or whatever.
                          AND I confirmed- SANMAR owns the Port Authority line-it is their house brand and NOT available through any other distributor unless that distributor is buying it from Sanmar!
                          And it takes only a few minutes to get setup for 'case' pricing from Sanmar yourself. Very easy to do!

Comment

SanMar has been one of my main suppliers since I opened. I have never had any problems with them. Case pricing from my very first order.
                            The Port Authority brand is very good quality.
                            You should be very happy with them.
                            LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

Working...
                            X