Supplier Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplier Questions

Was wondering if anyone has had any problems trying to set up accounts with suppliers? I'm in a small town with 1 sporting good store who basically has called everyone and had an account setup. He was the main reason I purchased my XT and we had an agreement that when I needed an item he would order for me plus I do his embroidery work for him. Here lately when I need something he is breaking it off in me.

'breaking it off in me'...? stabbing you in the back?
    I'm a damn yankee up here in New England so maybe I missed something..
    anyways...you mean he isn't helping you order the goods anymore or making it difficult? Then start charging him full retail ($1.50 per thousand, plus fee for hooping if he supplies goods) and tell him the deal is off! That's if you really don't want to see him again.
    But you should not have any problem getting an account set up IF you have a 'business' name, registered with the state (if required), have a tax number, whatever your state requires.
    Sanmar, Alpha, Broder-your 3 major suppliers usually will set up an account with darn near anybody that can fill out the 'business' form. If you are operating out of your house, no trade name, not registered for sales tax or whatever...that may cause problems. And if you can get at least one of those companies to set you up, when you mention it to others they will do anything to 'steal you' away as a new account.
    Good luck!

Comment

Just a note - this website has a pretty good list of suppliers [img]smile.gif[/img] Just hit the top tab and you should be able to get a wholesale account with them without any hassles.

If there are any suppliers that you think should be added, drop me a private message thru the discussion boards.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I am a registered business and have been able to setup an accounty with BroderBros. I was wondering if anyone knew of a company similar to Holloway? In my area this is one of the most popular brands, or might I say the only brand people are familiar with in this area.

Comment

Working...
        X